Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece How to get them and how much would i need?

CodeGPS

Cavy Slave
so im just using a blanket atm on top and newspaper at the bottom
in thier cage i was wondering since alot of people use fleece
there is a fabric store 2 blogs away from where i live i was wondering
how much would i need? its $2 for 1yrd so how much would i need?
thanks

How big is your cage?

My cage is 2X4 and that is exactly 1 yard. If your cage is 2X4 or less then I would get 1 yard. A larger cage would require more. And remember, the fleece does tend to shrink when you wash it several times.

My cage is 2X4 and that is exactly 1 yard. If your cage is 2X4 or less then I would get 1 yard. A larger cage would require more. And remember, the fleece does tend to shrink when you wash it several times.
OMG forgot to mention my cage size i have a 2x5

1 yard is 36 inches, which is most certainly not the length of a 2x4 C&C cage. Since the fabric store is so close, they'll carry measuring tool for you to measure your cage with. Add a couple inches to allow for shrinkage.

My cage is a 3x5 and 2 yards fits but doesn't go over the sides. Because I have litter boxes against one end it doesn't matter so much. If you want to fleece to go over the walls, you'll need about 2 1/2 yards for 2x5.

I use one yard for my 2x4 and yes it does fit. I use the width of the fleece (which covers over 4 grids) for the length, and the 36 inches for the width of the cage (the 2 grid length).

A yard for the width makes sense. I thought you meant *length* when speaking of 36 inches(a yard). The inside length of both my 2x4 cororplast trays( not including the walls) is 57 inches, and the width is about 31. So I hope you understand why I was confused. :p

I dont understand why they sell fleece like that. You are getting a lot more than a yard, but that's the way they do it. Although when I buy cloth it's not as wide, so I feel like I am being robbed.

Fleece is usually about 58" to 60" wide. Check the end of the bolt to make sure.

If you buy 2 and 1/4 yards, you'll get 2 sets if you cut it in the center. So the 2 pieces will be 29"x81" (or 30"x81") for each piece.

i have 2 2x5's and each cage uses a 2 yard piece of fleece to line it

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.