Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece How to get embedded hair out of fleece????

Quynh245

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
My guinea pig is a short haired. His hair whe it sheds would go threw the fleece ! I have tried so many ways to clean it but it just won't come out unless I sit there and pull them out one by one, which I definitaly don't want to do anymore ... My guinea pig shed quite a bit as he has a THICK coat of hair ... But anyways, HELP?!. . .:mad:

SFailed186

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig is a short haired. His hair whe it sheds would go threw the fleece ! I have tried so many ways to clean it but it just won't come out unless I sit there and pull them out one by one, which I definitaly don't want to do anymore ... My guinea pig shed quite a bit as he has a THICK coat of hair ... But anyways, HELP?!. . .:mad:

I used to sit and lint roll my fleece for hours to save time cleaning the washer after each load, but it was like you suggested, very tedious. Now I used the scrub brush attachment that comes with most vacuum cleaners. Any hard bristled brush would do the same job. It works wonders!

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
I gave up and just accepted it as part of the weave! Haha Considering how much lint comes off my fleece and towels I figured it was just extending the life of the fleece! lol

krystalmoore86

Cavy Slave
Wash it in a tied pillowcase take it out in dryer and throw in a tennis ball it will beat out the hay and hair and catch it in the lint trap.

Quynh245

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Wash it in a tied pillowcase take it out in dryer and throw in a tennis ball it will beat out the hay and hair and catch it in the lint trap.

Hey! thank! Does the tennis ball trick actually work? It's sounds pretty cool. :cheerful:

Quynh245

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I used to sit and lint roll my fleece for hours to save time cleaning the washer after each load, but it was like you suggested, very tedious. Now I used the scrub brush attachment that comes with most vacuum cleaners. Any hard bristled brush would do the same job. It works wonders!

Hey, I might try this the next time I clean the cage. :)

Quynh245

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I gave up and just accepted it as part of the weave! Haha Considering how much lint comes off my fleece and towels I figured it was just extending the life of the fleece! lol

HAHA! I've been doing that for a couple of days now . . . . But I don't want my washer to get clogged up because last time it got clogged I pulled out guinea pig fur balls ALL DAY . :eek:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.