Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

how to? fleece tunnel?

nikki.marie

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone, i was wondering how to go about making a fleece tunnel? can anyone give me suggestions on how to do it? also any video links or pictures? thanks!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
There have been some instructions on how to sew tunnels in the last couple of years. If you want to wade through them, search for "tunnels" (without the quotes), start about two years ago and work up from there. Sorry I can't remember who posted them.

guinea pony

Cavy Slave
I used a dish rack I got from the dollar store.Then I zip tied the fleece. The space is wide enough that pigs can't get stuck. To wash just cut the ties, and throw in the washer! It's great for lawn time;)
Pink tunnel Pink tunnel 2

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
When I made mine, I doubled up (so it would be 2 layers of fleece) a long piece of fleece in a rectangle shape. I made it super wide and long so I could roll up the edges.
So, I doubled it into the two layers and folded it in half. Then I sewed the two edges (the raw edge to the fold) together to made the tunnel. Then I sewed a strip of boning to the two openings and folded them (made like a cuff) so they would stay open. I was bored so I just hand-sewed it. Didn't take long. I am horrible at explaining so I hope you understand! I also have a bent grid tunnel that works wonderfully if you don't want to sew!
004 020

nikki.marie

Cavy Slave
thanks so much it was really helpful! and your piggy is so adorable!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.