Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Medications How to change time of Metacam dosage?

BellyBoop

Cavy Slave
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to safely change the time of day I give my guinea pig Bella her Metacam. She's on it because she had her eye removed and dental work done. She gets 0.15 cc/ml of Metacam a day and 0.3 cc/ml of antibiotics (Palmitate I think) twice a day. I was giving her the Metacam in the morning with her first dosage of antibiotics. Then because she was not eating on her own, the vet told me to stop the antibiotics as he thought they might be making her sick. After getting infection, we put her back on them. There was one day when she was off the anitbiotics that I gave her a break from Metacam. When I started again, I gave it to her at night with her second dosage of antibiotics. There's no real reason I want to switch again to morning, but I kind of feel it would be better for her. How do I do that without giving her another day's break from the Metacam and without overdosing within a 24 hr period. Any advice or experience with this?

BTW Bella is eating on her own now (not quite as much as normal though) and being syringe fed. She's bright, curious and slowly going back to her old happy self.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.