Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece How to avoid hay mess on fleece?

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
I have to make a 2x5 cage work for two pigs in order to fit them in my room for the summer. [Story: They are and always have been indoor pigs, but I have an attic room and only half stays cool enough to live in.] Right now it's got a separate kitchen area with loose bedding I use for the hay racks, love it but too big.

I need ideas to make a 2x5 with somewhere to keep hay contained and off the fleece. I've looked into litter boxes but they are all too big, and would leave less than a 2x4 of full moving space. My two girls 'bicker' ALOT and need ample space to get away from one another. Specifics would be wonderful guys, thanks.

You could build a hay loft and use loose bedding in there.

I cant build up, my ceiling won't allow it. it's low and slanted. It could work if the cage was over a foot away from the wall lol
Spy, I really like your cage it's so tidy looking as in well put together. My pigs go wherever they please, there's no training them to use a box solely. :(

I have a 2x5 C&C cage for my boars. I love it!! I have a big storage bin from walmart filled with bedding and my hay racks above. I have to spot clean twice a day but it works.

I'm using fleece pads under the hay rack and cleaning the excess twice a day for now. I'm going to look for a storage bin with low sides, or my mom suggested a kitten litter pan.
I truly cannot build up, the spot where the cage goes normally has a back wall of only 30 inches before it slants with the roof. The rest of the room is about 45inches high but it's an awkward setup. I had a cage with a hayloft before we moved here and it had to be removed and added to the main level.
I love this open feel without a big old kitchen area for their hay, but hay sticking on fleece is my pet peeve :/ Litter pans here I come then, thanks guys. I may be asking for help designing a new cage after summer though ;)

I have a 2x5 C&C cage for my boars. I love it!! I have a big storage bin from walmart filled with bedding and my hay racks above. I have to spot clean twice a day but it works.

Im thinking this is my only option really. Plus cleaning twice a day is Something I do now anyways, anything to keep my fleece clean. It's difficult to be a neat freak with guinea pigs though haha :)

Last edited:
IT is. I am on fleece now, hay isn't a problem, it's all of the hair!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.