Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How Much? How often to feed Veg

lisanjake

Cavy Slave
I usually feed my guineas fresh food as in veg, in the morning (6:30am) and when im home from work (7pm)
they obv have hay and pellets to eat during the day when im not there but I was wondering if that was okay?

my boyfriends away with work for 3 weeks otherwise id get him to feed them earlier as they may be hungry. or am I fussing over them too much? lol

Cavies4EverEver

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
I usually feed my guineas fresh food as in veg, in the morning (6:30am) and when im home from work (7pm)
they obv have hay and pellets to eat during the day when im not there but I was wondering if that was okay?

my boyfriends away with work for 3 weeks otherwise id get him to feed them earlier as they may be hungry. or am I fussing over them too much? lol

They need 1 cup of vegies per day and what I will do is I will Feed 1/2 a cuip in the AM before work and I will give them the other half when i return from work. Dont feed the same vegies over and over as some vegies are high in sugar (carrots, red peppers) I switch between Lettuce, Cilantro and Parsley. Carrots and 3 times a week i will do carrots, celery and apples or berries (blueberries)

Cavies4EverEver

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
I feel mine between 9 and 11 depending on work. and then at 6 when i get off. I always check a few times a day and go home on lunch break to make sure they have a lot of Hay.

zabelly

Cavy Slave
We feed our baby fresh veggies twice a day as well. First around 9am and a second feeding between 8 and 10pm. The hay is the most important part of their diet, so as long as they have ample hay, they should be fine. Although, our piggy tried to trick us into feeding her as often as possible :eek:

Morning_shadow

Cavy Slave

Don't give too many pellets.. but do give more veggies and water them down.
Always unlimited timothy hay. I give Cucumber, Squash, zuchini, green pepper, boston lettuce twice daily. I believe the heavy greens(parsley, spinach, kale) do cause Bladder stones so I don't give those. Don't give too much fruit, but do give it every now and then.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.