Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vegetables How often do you feed veggies?

TwoMissPiggies

Cavy Slave
Just wondering how often do you feed veggies throughout the day? I will feed my pigs (2) Cilantro and green bell pepper in the morning, Romaine around noon, and carrot around late afternoon, sometimes tomato at bedtime if I remember. Occasionally a slice of apple or orange. Is this too much? My rescue pig eats EVERYTHING, where my other girl just eats the carrot (she refuses to touch other veggies).

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Mine two get a couple of leaves of lettuce and carrot chunks in the morning. In the late afternoon they get endive and/or radicchio, green beans, and wheels of summer squash. In the late evening, they get roma tomato, bell pepper, and corn husks and silks if I can get them, lettuce if I can't.

ShadeyPig

Cavy Slave
I set down a big platter of mixed veggies in the morning, then in the afternoon they get an hour on the grass and an apple once a week. If there are scraps from our dinner they will get that at night.

Lishar

Cavy Slave
In the morning I give him some carrot and baby cos lettuce... At night I give him red and green capsicum, and a bit of cucumber. Sometimes I give them a few different things to mix things up a bit. :)