Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

how much space for a bunny?

sara85

Cavy Slave
how much cage space would a small breed rabbit need, and how much floor time?

(i am just starting to research bunnies)

luvmyzoocrew

Cavy Slave
rule of thumb the bigger the better, and as much floor time that you could give that bunny. I have a dutch rabbit and she is in a c&c cage that is 2 grids wide, 3 grids long and two story hig, the second story is a shelf. I have a pen attatched and she gets out all day from about 8 am to about 9 pm so that size is fine, if i was to not be able to let her out all day i would defintely make the cage bigger. She is now sharing that cage with her husbun who is a lop, and i am not at this time making the cage bigger, but feel it is ok because they are allowed out all day long.

sara85

Cavy Slave
Would it be possible to make a bunny cage underneath my guinea pig cage? I would have 3 sows living in a 2x5. If under that was a two-level 2x5 bunny cage, would that work? I am thinking a small breed, dwarf rabbit or mini-lop.

luvmyzoocrew

Cavy Slave
Absolutely, that is how mine is. I have the rabbit cage and then on top of that is the guinea pig cage. you would have to make sure a 2 x 5 cage is secure enough not to cave in, maybe by using Dowl rods down the middle, or across the cage in a few spots. When i made my cage i noticed that the connectors that they include in the grids work better then just zip tieing them , but of course i zip tie on top of using the connectors, for extra enforcement. here is a copy of a link that this question was posed before and i posted a picture of my set up, it is a simple basic setup and nothing near as elaborate and beautiful as ihave seen here, but it serves its purpose.

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/about-cages/30617-piggie-cage-top-rabbit-cage.html

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.