Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Herbs how much can i feed of herbs

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
i found out my piggies love herbs like mint havent tried the herbs yet does
anyone know or where to look?

They sell them in grocery stores in small quantities i seen some today Basil, thyme , mint in produce i was shopping at a piggly wiggly

i found out my piggies love herbs like mint havent tried the herbs yet does
anyone know or where to look?
sorry I meant to put in and ask about how much of the different herbs i already looked on the nutrition link on the forum

Some herbs have medicinal properties to them so I'd suggest you look them up online to make sure you don't feed them anything poisonous or that might have a negative side effect to it. Basil has mild sedative properties to it. Yarrow is an astringent and diuretic. Echinacea should not be taken by anyone with an autoimmune disorder. Many herbs have been tested on humans but I'm not sure if there is any specific information about the safety of feeding herbs to guinea pigs.

Read the "read me" sticky in the Diet and Nutrition forum -- it's got how often herbs can be fed.

Some herbs have medicinal properties to them so I'd suggest you look them up online to make sure you don't feed them anything poisonous or that might have a negative side effect to it. Basil has mild sedative properties to it. Yarrow is an astringent and diuretic. Echinacea should not be taken by anyone with an autoimmune disorder. Many herbs have been tested on humans but I'm not sure if there is any specific information about the safety of feeding herbs to guinea pigs.
I knew that but i read about alot of people giving their pigs the herbs like dill, mint, coriander but cant find anything about suggested amounts

I buy one bunch of dill from the fresh produce section and tear apart one whole stem (leaves and all) a lot of times. I have 3 boys and they all love it. I also tear up one whole stem (leaves and all) of cilantro. I feed them at least twice a day sometimes three if we are home from work. I hope that helps.

I never give more than one or two sprigs of anything, maybe three of cilantro.

I never give more than one or two sprigs of anything, maybe three of cilantro.

So I am assuming that me giving them 5 isn't a good thing? Ooops.......

yes that helps what about mint

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.