Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece How Many Yards For Liner?

arionat799

Cavy Slave
How much fleece do I need for a 2x3 liner?

I am planning to make two, and it is going to go over the sides. Therefore, I will need two 29"x43" pieces, four 13"x23" pieces and four 13"x43" pieces.

I plan to buy the fleece from Hancock Fabrics.

Thanks so much!
-Ariona :)

A yard is 36 inches, or 3 feet. Most fleece is 48 to 58 inches wide. Then you need to keep the pattern running inthe same direction so it looks nice. 7 yards will do it if you want all the same pattern, but you'll have lots of scraps left over to make fleece forests, and cuddle cups to match.

Hang on there, let me re-think this

I will be going sometime between now and in an hour, hence, please hurry! Lol

Nope. 9 yrds. Draw it out on grid paper...

How much fleece do I need for a 2x3 liner?

I am planning to make two, and it is going to go over the sides. Therefore, I will need two 29"x43" pieces, four 13"x23" pieces and four 13"x43" pieces.

I plan to buy the fleece from Hancock Fabrics.

Thanks so much!
-Ariona :)

+29
+52 (13x4)
+26 (13x2, you will get two end pieces per strip)
=136
divide by 36 inches per yard = 3.77 yds - round up to 4 yds.

You need 4 yards.

Thanks, that's what I thought! However, I plan to make the sides a different color than the base fleece. And the two different base fleeces will be different.

O, yeah, thanks. Make it harder...LOL :p
Definitely invest in some grid paper.

Thanks, that's what I thought! However, I plan to make the sides a different color than the base fleece. And the two different base fleeces will be different.

You are hilarious little miss. Why do you not mention these things beforehand? :p

Now, are your sides all the same fleece?

This really isn't that hard. Take the total width(s) of your pieces and divide by 36. Always round up a bit since the fabric won't be cut perfectly straight.

Just got my fleece!!!

[GuineaPigCages.com] How Many Yards For Liner?

I got 1 yard of the purple butterfly fleece, 1 yard of the black polka-dot fleece, and 2 yards (Split into 2 one yards) of the solid purple fleece for the sides.

I will be making 5 LINERS!! Two out of my new fleece, and 3 out of the old (two are the same pattern).

The purple butterfly fleece and the black polka dot fleece are the ones I got for the base, and as I said previously, I will use purple solid fleece for the sides.

The peace signs and the solid pink I already own, for the peace signs I will also use the purple solid for the sides and for the solid pink I will use the polka dots for the sides.

Hope that makes sense! lol

Thanks so much! :) I'm going to make them next weekend :)

Does anybody mind if I ask my own question here?

How many yards for a 2x4 cage liner? I want only 1 liner, so how much will I need after I wash and dry all of my material?

I botched my first liner job. So I am getting new material from JoAnns.

It depends. Are you covering the side walls? If not, I'm pretty sure you only need 1 yard. Make it 2 if you are making them reversible. However I wouldn't recommend making them reversible because there is really no point. If you make 2 instead you will get another wash out of it.

It depends. Are you covering the side walls? If not, I'm pretty sure you only need 1 yard. Make it 2 if you are making them reversible. However I wouldn't recommend making them reversible because there is really no point. If you make 2 instead you will get another wash out of it.

I figured only one yard. That is what I did last time, but I cut EXACTLY to the size of my cage and forgot to wash and dry.

So, I would need 2 yards for 2 liners? Sweet.

The liners I have now are reversible, but only because I was told I should envelope the U-Haul pad.

Do I have to envelope the U-Haul pad?

I am not covering side walls. SORRY FOR HIJACKING! I just needed some advice so I didn't mess up again. What are you using for your absorbent layer Arionat?

The liners I have now are reversible, but only because I was told I should envelope the U-Haul pad.

Do I have to envelope the U-Haul pad?

Ya, that's where my problem is too. Some have told me that you do, others have said otherwise. I really have no clue, hopefully someone else can answer that for both of us. However, right now I use fleece with Uhaul pad underneath and I've washed it many times, (I've had Ginger for 4 months now) never noticed shedding/shredding.

I am not covering side walls. SORRY FOR HIJACKING! I just needed some advice so I didn't mess up again. What are you using for your absorbent layer Arionat?

No problem, I understand. :) As I said, I am using a layer of Uhaul pad for my absorbent layer.

Ya, that's where my problem is too. Some have told me that you do, others have said otherwise. I really have no clue, hopefully someone else can answer that for both of us. However, right now I use fleece with Uhaul pad underneath and I've washed it many times, (I've had Ginger for 4 months now) never noticed shedding/shredding.

No problem, I understand. :) As I said, I am using a layer of Uhaul pad for my absorbent layer.

Just 1 layer? Cool.

Thanks so much!

We're off to see THE CUTTER, THE WONDERFUL CUTTER AT JOANN'S!

(sung to the tune of The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz)

lol However, If you have 2 pigs you might want to use 2. Again, hopefully someone else can help you there.

I haven't had to many problems so far with 1 layer. I am most likely going to cut up one of my current liners to make potty-pads that way I can only use 1 layer of padding.

But still, 2 layers or one is the question. Will potty-pads let me use just 1 layer if I put them where the Piggies pee the most?

If you are doing fine so far with one layer, you should be fine. Especially with the potty-pads, they should help.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.