Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How many piggies do you have?

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
I have sixteen - six boys, ten girls:)

kimberly78

Cavy Slave
one boar - Q (yes he is fixed) and one female Daisy

RyanR

Cavy Slave
I have three boys. Probably be a fourth one in the winter.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
5 sows-
CoCo Heifer (CoCo)
Chatterbox Harlequin (Chatty)
Charity Ball (Cherrybelle)
Honeycomb Dustmoppy (Moppy)
Annie Booberry (Boo)

1 young boar, son of Chatty
Patches McGee (Patchy)

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I have 2 lovely boys - Furlong & Ascot lol

Amanda
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Ok MySpoiltPiggies, how do you cage your crew? Like I've posted before, I'm going to try having all six sows, in the three level piggie palace. First level is a 2x6, 2nd level has 2 2x2 connected by a bridge and the 3rd level is a 2x4. Is this enough space for six sows and a possible neutered boar?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Jenn, I know you asked MSP, but I can tell you that a 2x6 even with the lofts is going to barely fit the 6 sows. You would need to expand a little bit more to put a boar in there as well. Boars are more territorial than sows. 7 pigs in a 2x7 or 2x8 with lofts would be better.

I thought you were only going to have 5 sows in the 2x6?

cloe's_momma

Cavy Slave
I have one girl right now and I am trying to get my parents to let me get another one. Her name is Cloe and she just turned 4 weeks.

peanut'smommie

Cavy Slave
I have one sow named peanut who I have had since the first of August. I just ordered a 2x5 from Sue and hope to have a friend for her soon (and am ready to get her out of this store bought cage! Ugh!)

JennG

Cavy Slave
At the moment, I have three girls in this large palace. I was supposed to get Callie a few weeks ago but the girl that I was getting her from gave her to her twin. Her twin is my boss' son's girlfriend. She owns 2 ferrets and a baby dragon. The twin decided this past weekend that she wasn't being fair to Callie because of the other animals plus she's working full time and going to school full time. I don't know when I'm getting Callie but I'm hoping its before this weekend. In the meantime, between all of the "I was getting Callie and then I wasn't and now I am" I've since adopted two other sows that are down south (one w/ mamything and one w/ voodoojoint). VJ was going to pick up Mamy's and bring both girls to me this Christmas when her and her family go to Chicago for a visit. (hopefully this makes sense) Where the boar comes in, he's a guy that I was looking at while searching for my 1st set of three girls but I decided not to get him because he was in Chicago. Now he's on their featured pet and he's soooo adorable. He's going to have to wait. I have to get the girls adjusted and my husband. ;) If he's still around in January, I'd like to adopt him and have him neutered. I hope someone else finds him a good home before than but if not I'd really like to take him in. But January is a long way off. But this girl I work w/ is giving me a set of grids she has and was going to throw them away. I'm like no! So, if anything maybe I can build another cage. Just not sure where I'll put it?

kebboli

Cavy Slave
I have 4 girls.....
Oreo
Sundae
Butter
CoCo

smoot

Cavy Slave
Three girls:
Peanut
Baby (Peanut's daughter)
Domino
Three's my limit for now. I think getting a neutered boar would be nice, but the boyfriend unit isn't sure how he feels about piggie noo-noos. I think he wants to be the only man in the house!

luvfamrap

Cavy Slave
I have two boars and two sows
Lilly
Baby
Charlie
Two-Tone

Last edited:

Squirle

Cavy Slave
I have tow lovley sows Mocha and Lotte

Skyenoir

Cavy Slave
I have 5 pigs, 1 boy and 4 girls. Girls - Killer, Herbie, Pink and Blanche. Boy (neutered, of course!) - Spike. They are currently in a 2 level 2x6 cage and we are making it into a 3 level 2x7 cage. My father in law visited last week and made an AWESOME table for the cage that is 7 feet long and 18 inches high, perfect for the 3 level cage.

I am currently trying to get my son's preschool to let us have the guinea pig they have there, she is all alone, in a small cage, without even a hidey house to go into. I feel so bad for her!

laura220

Cavy Slave
I only have one, Ginny. But I'm getting her a buddy right after I remodel her cage.

natwooten

Cavy Slave
I have 4 girls who are named Nibbles, Pippi, Gertrude, and Gretchen. I also have 4 boys named Jack, Jagger, JayJay, and Jake.

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
JennG2005 said:
Ok MySpoiltPiggies, how do you cage your crew? Like I've posted before, I'm going to try having all six sows, in the three level piggie palace. First level is a 2x6, 2nd level has 2 2x2 connected by a bridge and the 3rd level is a 2x4. Is this enough space for six sows and a possible neutered boar?
I don't have C&C cages, although I should have by tomorrow. I am having them delivered to my door you see. It has cost me £113 altogether. I am only fourteen so it's a huge amount of money but I'd rather spend money on my guinea pigs than what most teens would spend their money on.. music, electronics..etc.. I'm going to have 11 guinea pigs living in a 2 story cage, which is going to be 7 x 2 grids for top and bottom level I think. Then I have six boars which I am trying to get friendly with each other, but all they do it fight:guilty:

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
I have 4 gorgeous guineas:

Charlie-Parsley (MN)
Tuppence-Poppy (F)
Lottie-Primrose (F)
Jasmine-Peaches (F)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.