Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets How long will it last?

Raine59

Cavy Slave
The recommended amount of pellets is 1/8 cup per day per pig so for 2 pigs you would use 1/4 cup a day. I weighed 1/4 cup of the pellets I use (I would assume all brands weigh about the same) and it weighs 40 grams. So 10 kg would be 10,000 grams and if you divide that by 40 it comes out to 250 days or roughly 8 months. I can't say whether that's a good price or not as I am not familiar with that brand.

Lord_aperture

Cavy Slave
Going by the ingredients list its not that great of a pellet, I'm not from the UK my self but from what Iv read it seems Burgess has a good line of Guinea Pig pellets.

Heres the list for Wagg

Ingredients:

Wheatfeed, Sunflower, Grass, Lucerne, Oatfeed, Maize, Locust Bean Meal, Syrup, Vegetable Oil, Yeast, Vitamins and Minerals. With Antioxidant: EC additive. This product may contain traces of nuts, as it has been made in a factory that uses nut ingredients.

Typical Analysis:
Protein 17.00%
Oil 4.00%
Fibre 16.00%
Ash 7.00%

Amylittlehands

Cavy Slave
Going by the ingredients list its not that great of a pellet, I'm not from the UK my self but from what Iv read it seems Burgess has a good line of Guinea Pig pellets.

Heres the list for Wagg

Ingredients:

Wheatfeed, Sunflower, Grass, Lucerne, Oatfeed, Maize, Locust Bean Meal, Syrup, Vegetable Oil, Yeast, Vitamins and Minerals. With Antioxidant: EC additive. This product may contain traces of nuts, as it has been made in a factory that uses nut ingredients.

Typical Analysis:
Protein 17.00%
Oil 4.00%
Fibre 16.00%
Ash 7.00%
Oh right, I've been finding it difficult knowing which one to buy and what to look out for in ingredients as well as how much protein etc ... is needed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.