Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Popcorning How high can they popcorn?

potatoman

Cavy Slave
My piggies love popcorning in their cage while doing laps. One of them can popcorn so high that it would put the size and weight piggy-equivalent of Michael Jordan to shame.

There was this one time when he was doing laps and he used the kitchen area (plastic floor from an old petstore cage) as a take-off popcorn point and he went flying! What can I say ... piggy's got a baller in him like his human dad. Made me a bit proud if I do say so myself.

Anyway, I'm a bit paranoid because I have an open cage. They can't jump over those cubes, right? Or can they?

Yes, they can. I've read one story of a piggie that went sailing right over the grid side. Most climb them, though. It sounds like you might need a lid until that boy grows up a little. He's Evil Kneivel (sp?) !

I've heard that cuy (the giant meat-bred guinea pigs) can jump clean out of C&C cages, but I don't think it's very common for normal cavies...probably not impossible, though. ;)

Oh, I've heard of the cuy. How big do they get?

My little girl has jumped over a 9" divider - not the same I know but I wouldn't put it past them. If you'd rather not put a top on the cage, maybe you should make taller sides?

My one male can clear a grid high, and has. He will only jump to a flat landing though, won't jump a grid unless there's something to land on the same height.

I don't know how high mine can popcorn, but one of them CAN jump straight out of my bathtub, biting my collarbone in the process of me catching her. Way over 2 feet. I have a super-pig. :expressio

Oh, I've heard of the cuy. How big do they get?
I have yet to see one in person, but I've heard they can get up to twice the weight of a "normal" pig, over 5 pounds (around 2 kg). Judging from photos I've seen, I'd believe it. lol

[GuineaPigCages.com] How high can they popcorn?

[GuineaPigCages.com] How high can they popcorn?

Wow! that's one big piggy.

@Mastershroom I want to cuddle that pig so badly...

My pigs don't popcorn too high, but I love when they bounce their hidey houses off the ground when they do it. My long haired piggie also looks like a parachute when he popcorns.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.