Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Puppy Pads How do YOU use Puppy Pads?

JenNPiggys

Cavy Slave
I used fleece, usually. I put towels under my fleece.

In a few months we will be moving from FL to CA. We will me at the mercy of the military. We could be w/o our washed and dryer AND belongings for upwards of 3 weeks. During that time I was thinking Puppy Pads for my boys.

How do you use Puppy Pads?

pawner69

Cavy Slave
I don't use puppy pads but I do use the disposable bed pads. I have them under my flippers just in case anything leaks through the cracks. It seems to work as they are usually dirty when I clean the cage each week.

CoffeeAddict

Cavy Slave
[MENTION=30626]JenNPiggys[/MENTION] - I've never used puppy pads, only the pine bedding bought at walmart and fleece, but it sounds like it might be more practical for you to use some pine for the time you're without a washer and dryer. I hope you figure it all out :)

[MENTION=26708]pawner69[/MENTION] - are you talking about the bed pads they have at the hospital that are washable, or do you buy them at the store and throw them away when they're dirty? If you buy them, are they inexpensive? I was thinking of using the hospital pads but that just means more laundry lol

piggydaddy1

Cavy Slave
I use them with my 3 x 4 cage and they work great. I change the fleece once a week and only have to lightly clean the bottom and the sides just to disinfect. It usually takes 9 pads due to the size of the cage, 4 towels and then my fleece.

pawner69

Cavy Slave
I buy the disposable ones like you find at Walmart. I believe they were $11 for a pack of 20, but don't remember for sure. I ordered a case of 100 on Amazon. I goofed and ordered 30x30 when I wanted 30x36 so it takes four per cage change instead of three but that's okay. They cost $38 with free shipping.

piggydaddy1

Cavy Slave
I buy the disposable ones like you find at Walmart. I believe they were $11 for a pack of 20, but don't remember for sure. I ordered a case of 100 on Amazon. I goofed and ordered 30x30 when I wanted 30x36 so it takes four per cage change instead of three but that's okay. They cost $38 with free shipping.

That $11is about right because I get 50 for $19.99 or so at meijer or jewell osco

kakesb

Cavy Slave
I use pad for my pigs, they are awesome I think~ cost little bit but just chuck after~ easy. I got from eBay , it's much better than the ones from Kmart or the 2 dollar shops and cheap too. Btw, for boys you have to keep it in place as they are more active than girls

GusGusPiggy

Cavy Slave
I've had a similar situation with a broken washer machine and dirty looks at the laundromat (try to explain fishing out a forgotten piece of poo or hay to the person waiting to use the machine after you) I find they work well enough, though my boy kept "tunneling" under them. I would suggest keeping then corners anchored down with a well placed cuddle cup or sleep sack.

JenNPiggys

Cavy Slave
Wow I am so sorry that I haven't replied here!

Thanks for all the tips and advice! I have never used or even seen a puppy pad out of the package! I am sure these will be my best bet while in transition.

For this transition will it be OK to just top the pads wit hay? This way I can chuck it all.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.