Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding How do I make bedding?

angie901

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone! I wanted to try out bedding, I use fleece but thought that it would be cool to make my own bedding and see if I liked it. So my big question is, how do I make bedding. I don't want to buy it from the store. I want to make it. What would I need? Thanks:)

I've heard of homemade carefresh, I think it's in the Hot Tips section. But to be honest, I don't really think it's worth it, I'd keep using fleece :)

I've heard of homemade carefresh, I think it's in the Hot Tips section. But to be honest, I don't really think it's worth it, I'd keep using fleece :)
\

Thanks for your information. But I want to try things out. I like doing things. Even if it's out of the ordinary or not worth doing.

I'm not sure I understand. Fleece counts as bedding. What is it you are trying to make? It's not worth it to make your own wood-based bedding. You would need A LOT of wood to continuously make enough bedding to fill a cage. Carefresh is made from recycled paper but that's a whole process in and off itself to get it from paper form to bedding form.

Is there a reason you don't want to buy it?

I'm not sure I understand. Fleece counts as bedding. What is it you are trying to make? It's not worth it to make your own wood-based bedding. You would need A LOT of wood to continuously make enough bedding to fill a cage. Carefresh is made from recycled paper but that's a whole process in and off itself to get it from paper form to bedding form.

Is there a reason you don't want to buy it?

I like trying things. And couldn't find anything online. Except for here. Yes how do you make paper bedding like carefresh

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.