Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fur HOw do I know if my pig will be long-haired?

Jaclyn

Cavy Slave
Ok, so I am really bad with technology...so I am not sure how to upload a picture (I have a couple on my iphone...can that be added to this page somehow?). Anyways, I bought my piggy and they told me that she was short haired, but I am just not sure. After looking at some breed pics on line, I have decided that she is an American Piggy, and not crested, but other than that I am not sure. I was told she is 2-3 months old. Her hair is about as long as my mother's short haired cat, and super smooth, but the pics I see of short haired pigs look like they have super short hair. Her is probably about an inch long, and seems to be maybe longest at the back of her head. Does this sound like a short haired, or a long haired? Sorry to be so ignorant, I just have no idea, and I would like to know what to expect. I love her no matter what though :) And also, do I need to brish her if she is in fact short haired?

Whatever the length of hair is now will be the general length for it's life. Sounds like it's short hair.
If it was long hair there would no question, they look like little mops. And an abby will have little tufts all over so they are obvious too.

Okay, that helps a lot! Thanks. I thought, for some reason, that they all started out short haired and they grew over time. I think that the way she looks now is just perfect!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.