Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece How do I get hair off of fleece so I can wash it??

go_ellie

Banned
Cavy Gazer
I know there is no way to 100% remove it, but how can I get as much off as possible?

I use a lint roller. I use piggy bedspreads and the top layer is fleece so when I do a full clean out once a week which I'm actually doing today I leave the bedspread in the cage after I take everything out and have swept up the droppings I use a lint roller ( preferably an extra sticky or pet hair kind but it doesn't really matter to much ) to get the hair and some of the tiny bits of hay off. One thing to remember with lint rollers is the harder you press the more hair you will pick up in one sheet. Before I wash it I shake it out outside to get the and hay and hair I missed.I'm going to start rolling my fleece when I spot clean everyday so I will have less hair by the time I do a full clean out. Hope this helps:)

Last edited:
If your vacuum cleaner has an attachment for the nozzle that has bristles, that works too. Hand-held vacuums are also pretty cheap.

i tried with a lint roller and it didnt work, seems like that piggie hair is hard to get off! after months of trying, i changed back to wood shaving because i just couldnt take it off! :sad: and i also found wood shaving a bit more expensive but its nicer that you cant see the poop of the piggies when you get in the room, sence the woodshaving kinda hides it!

i tried with a lint roller and it didnt work, seems like that piggie hair is hard to get off! after months of trying, i changed back to wood shaving because i just couldnt take it off! :sad: and i also found wood shaving a bit more expensive but its nicer that you cant see the poop of the piggies when you get in the room, sence the woodshaving kinda hides it!
That is the reason I don't like wood shavings, I always felt like they were living in poop (cause I could never spot clean it all). I like the fleece because I see it I try to sweep it, it takes minuets, and I know the cage is fairly clean.

i know, but i dont like fleece because when i had it, i sweeped it up about 3 times a day, which i didnt mind at all, but until i could sweep it, he would lie on his poop, or step on it and it would stay on his feet and i just didnt like that :sick: so now i use wood shavings and every day i just kinda change the spots that are wet or have poop and replace it with new wood shaving to keep the cage farily clean :)

I have always used a brush with little bristles to comb it off, and then vacuumed with a dyson handheld pet vacuum. They are really great. They come with a bunch of special attachments! It gets off even the most stubborn hairs and dirt left by the piggy! Of, as I've started doing lately, you could just use the vacuum (no brush at first) and it works just as well.

Hope I've helped!-Julia:)

PS Don't give up on fleece just yet, it's really great!

Is there any chance you could put them in the dryer for about 10 minutes first, then empty the lint trap to see how much hair that the lint trap catches? Of course, flap it off outside first.

Rubber brush - Doesn't get it ALL but it gets a LOT for me...

I've heard nail brushes work well to remove hair? I've never tried it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.