Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding How deep should my Aspen bedding be? How long to spot clean?

silkysnickers

Cavy Slave
Anyone have advice. Thanks ahead of time. I am going to upgrade to a 2x3 and eventually have a 1x2 loft. I am just wondering if it is better to have a thick or thin layer of wood shavings. I pick out the poos every night with a glove and baggy. It takes at least a 1/2 an hour. Am I being too thorough? I sift through every piece of wood. I am only 4 weeks into owning guinea pigs and I just got my second one last week. I can't believe how much they poo :eye-poppi. Even with a jealous husband I still wouldn't trade them for the world.

Wow! You're certainly more dedicated about the poop than I am.

Mine tend to most pee and poop in the same places -- in the corners, and around the hay rack. Every few days I scoop that aspen out and put some more in, and then change their whole cage when the poop distribution everywhere else is getting out of hand

I didn't know if I could do it that way. Do you take the wet areas out more often? Do you think it would smell more if I only spot cleaned every other day with a complete cleaning on the 4th day? Sorry for the 20 questions--trying to everything right for my piggies--I guess its just part of my personality. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.