Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Horrible. Sick. Wrong.

bunnys n pigs

Cavy Slave
A few days ago I found this video - YouTube - Moon Bears
It sickened me. I'm in tears right now as I type. I've known all my life I've wanted to be an animal activist. This video just made me want to help ten times more. I don't know where to begin. How on earth do I get into that sort of thing? Does anyone know where I could start? What I should look into? Etc? Please help. And also, please donate money to save the moon bears (the link is in the sidebar of the video linked above). They really need your help to save them :love:

TwilightStar

Cavy Slave
I feel like my heart just broke after watching that. There's not much I can say, too upset.

Shawnee

Cavy Slave
So sad. I have goosebumps, it's warm in here, that is so terrible.... wow :weepy:

Tessa Bea

Cavy Slave
That is so sad. Is AnimalAsia legit, and is there a way to donate without sponsoring a bear? I can't afford $45 a month.

TwilightStar

Cavy Slave
That is so sad. Is AnimalAsia legit, and is there a way to donate without sponsoring a bear? I can't afford $45 a month.
That's what I wondered.

leyley904
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Tessa Bea

Cavy Slave
Moon bears are being used for asian medicine. More specifically, their bile is- it is harvested inhumanely through tubes in holes in their stomachs and they are kept in tiny cages.

leyley904

Tessa Bea

Cavy Slave
They are one of the 8 types of bears in the world, the Asiatic Black Bear. They are nicknamed "Moon Bears" for the yellow crescents on their chests.

leyley904

twiztedlilfae

Cavy Slave
leyley: more than likely the bears are tranquilized and aren't even awake when this is done. I doubt they'd get very far with an awake bear. I don't think many people, let alone animals cry in pain when they're put asleep.

But I get what you mean and I don't think many people care about how animals feel. I had a friend who said that animals don't have emotions like we do. And I pointed out to her that dogs whine when someone hurts them, they cry when there owner isn't around. They pout and sulk just like humans do.

leyley904

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Is AnimalAsia legit, and is there a way to donate without sponsoring a bear?
It is. Here's a link.

(broken link removed) also a link to other organizations that help bears and other wildlife.

bunnys n pigs

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the support guys.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.