Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding Homemade CareFresh question

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
OK, so I decided to try my hand at making homemade CareFresh. I was wondering, though, if I could use colored paper. I have a huge stack of orange paper that's just been sitting around doing nothing so I thought I could use it for homemade bedding. Is it safe, or will it be toxic to my pigs? I can use newspaper or white paper if it's not safe, I just think that colorful bedding would look cooler. :)

Thanks!

I thinkit would depend on what the ink is made out of. Soy based is OK, others are not. Best not to chance it.

Ok! I'll use newspaper or computer paper then. I was thinking... Would it work to color the paper with food coloring? Or would that be unsafe for the pigs?

I think with the process of soaking paper in the water to make homemade Carefresh, it would remove all the ink. Any type of paper should be fine.

Sweet! I guess I'll try make the orange paper also. I'm in the process of making the white right now. I'll post pictures of how it turns out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.