Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Home, piggles home.

Blog entry from old forum

Mishkapop

Cavy Slave
Well, after 6 long weeks, it's finally happened, the girls are all in together. No more mites, no nasty pregnancy suprises (phew), everyone is happy and healthy and the tribe welcomed the newbies with open arms. True, I sweetened the rite of passage known as introductions with an ENORMOUS tray of vegetables, but even so, the tribe were absolute stars. Not a single nip was echanged, my good girls.

To ensure they all have enough room to live together in harmony they now have an enormous cage. We've gone up to a 4x6 with a 2x4 loft. Seeing them all running around it makes me extremely happy, they obviously love it. Not to mention how adorable it is watching them figure out the ramp. I'm trying to encourage them to use it by sprinkling it with alfalfa and putting a big pile of readigrass at the top. Brunhilde was the first one up. I'd been watching her um and aah her way up and down about halfway for over an hour, went to the bathroom, walked out again and poof! There she was running around the top floor. So gutted I missed it but still, chuffed to know they will figure it out in their own time.

I'm really worn out now, been working on piggies all day, but tomorrow if I can find time I will try and post some photos of our beautiful girls and their great big house (complete with the slightly higgeldy piggeldy colour scheme mehe).

jangopop

Cavy Slave
Aww! Happy introductions are so wonderful ;u;
How many piggies are in your herd now? :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.