Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Home made piggie safe toys?

arcangel

Cavy Slave
Do any of you know how to make homemade guinea pig safe toys? I ask this because i was putting in the shoe box so that could get use to it and they were happy and weaking away but then Problem they started to destory it by eating. i need to box to get them out of the cage but i really like seeing them all happy but i have no money for new toys , So i thought maybe i could make my own but i don't how or if it would piggy safe? Any help or ideas would be welcomed and loved.

My guys love the brown paper grocery bags. I cut a fringe door on one side and the bottom. I just toss them out when dirty. My guys chew on their shoeboxes when I first put them in the cage but then leave it alone once they get it just how they want it.

They can eat some cardboard, just make sure they don't eat too much. My boys love toilet paper rolls stuffed with hay, and sometimes veggies cut into long strips stuffed in with the hay. You just have to remember that the rolls have to be cut lengthwise (like a hot dog bun) so they don't get stuck in them. They also like Kleenex boxes with hay in them.
Here is a site with more ideas: Guinea Pig Toys and Play

If you have a pine cone tree around, Collect some put them in the oven for about 30 minutes you need to do this to sterilize them (let the sap drip off) then take the sharp points of the edges with tweezers and that should be a fun chew toy! :)

Try filling an empty toilet paper roll with hay, my piggies chew away at that!:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.