Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Hiya! It's Luna8 here. Just wanted to know what all the sounds/actions of guineas!

Luna8

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone!
I'm just curious about what these sounds/actions are! I already know some of them (or have good ideas of what they are), but would still like it if someone could still tell me what they are. These are what I've seen my piggies do:

1) The high pitched wheeking I'm sure everyone will hear once in their life of owning pigs. It's very high pitched, and they do it when their out of food or water, or just want munchies or attention.

2) Little grunting noises, which I see as them telling you about their day. (My little boy Aslan always does this! He's very talkative!).

3) Rumble-strutting. My girls do this especially. They rumble-strut around the cage all the time, and while doing this, making a deep rumbling sounds in their throats.

4) Chasing each other all around the cage. They love to do this!

5) Pop-corning. Whenever I clean my guinea's cages, all of them start to pop-corn and grunt and rumble-strut. (Loud wheeks will most likely follow).

6) My little boy Aslan does this especially. If I have the girls on a blanket, and then (even hours after they were out), if I put Aslan on the blanket, he can't stop sniffing the place where the girl were. He sniffs, sniffs, sniffs.....and sniffs. While he does this he makes those cute little grunting sounds that I mentioned, and it's only a matter of time before the grunts turn into the loud wheeks, LOL!

And just let me tell you, that these are only some of the basics that they do on a regular basis!
Thanks in advance,
@Luna8

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.