Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi!

GP_LUVER

Cavy Slave
Hi there! My name's Jessie and I have 13 GPs, I breed them for hobby since I am in the 4-H and show them. All my GPs are sooo happy, they have HUGE hutches on our porch and they get to run around in the yard together like...3xs a week each for like 2 hours. I have 8 females all who live together...Lilly,Lilac,Lima,Loma,Lita,Liseth,Leep, and one unnamed new girl who I just got from a show. They're all different breeds. And I have 5 males who all live together....Mac,Malkai,Macho, and 2 new males...

But I have a question....Macho keeps picking on my new males...I mean, he doesn't hurt them that bad, they only bleed a little. What do I do?

Also, Lilac is preggers but I dunno from who...is there anyway to find out? I just hope it wasn't her brother Mac....

THANK YOUUUU <3

pigluvinARK

Cavy Slave
That is one way to upset the entire site! This is a rescue friendly site. Discussing breeding and showing is highly frowned on. Just thought I would let you know.

walleandeva

Cavy Slave
That is one way to upset the entire site! This is a rescue friendly site. Discussing breeding and showing is highly frowned on. Just thought I would let you know.

Im glad you said that. I was about to have a rant.

pigluvinARK

Cavy Slave
Not a problem! I think it is wrong to throw it in our faces that they are breeding. I know some people mess up and buy one out of not knowing. I know I did with one. But I try to adopt. And breeding is just wrong. We had an accidental pregnancy, but we would never breed on purpose. Starting to think some people come on here with the intent to upset the forum. It is clearly stated in several places what this forum is about. Just don't know about some people.

organicsab

Cavy Slave
GP_LUVER, maybe you didn't realise that this forum is against breeding and showing. I guess it's because of the number of gp's out there in shelters who are homeless, the last thing we need is more gp's coming into this world. Baby piggies are adorable and many will buy them for that reason, but soon they loose interest and neglect them. We're not saying you're bad or that your gp's aren't loved and looked after but to consider what happens to those babies after they are sold. I'm not sure 100% of the reasons that showing is bad, I have heard that one reason is that they have to be kept in tiny cages for long periods of time, which is not a nice thing for the piggies.
If you see blood, they might have had a fight, It might not be safe to keep that male in with the other males. Also, do you have enough room for them all. They all need to have a certain amount of space each, especially males.
I really don't think you can find out from which male she got pregnant, but I'm not sure as I have no experience in these things.
Why don't you have a look around at the forum and read some posts and breeding and find out what we're about, it might change your mind.
Maybe visit a shelter and see all the pigs that have no homes. A shelter here have 189 at the moment, due to a breeding case gone wrong.. they recently recieved 60 surrendered pigs from a backyard breeding case.
If not, no offence, but I don't think anyone will be happy with what you are doing here...

Dobelady

Cavy Slave
Jessie, I want to welcome you to GPC! Hopefully you'll read a lot here and learn a whole bunch about rescue/adoption and breeding. I see that you're in 4-H? How old are you?

pringles70

Cavy Slave
Ok, does it seem to anyone else that this person posted this just to bait everyone here into a frenzy??

fieryone

Cavy Slave
Ok, does it seem to anyone else that this person posted this just to bait everyone here into a frenzy??

Makes me wonder, so I'm choosing not to play ;)

claire

Cavy Slave

Precisely why I didn't respond 'til now.

Simonmaal

Cavy Slave
Fail.

Nice try to provoke a reaction. The second windup merchant to end up on my ignore list in a week.

Would be interesting to check this person's IP address to see if it is an "old friend" come back to revisit.

Adorable

Cavy Slave
It’s not really a failed attempt if a thread like this gets more attention than legitimate ones.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Yep, it's obvious.

So, remember ...

:dontfeed:

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
I dunno. Unfortunately there are a lot of kids out there who think it is cute to breed and show.

In case you are for real, it's likely your "hutches" are too small and your pigs are bleeding because they have mites.

It is bad to have them outdoors, even on your porch.

If you even have to ask the question you did regarding Lilac, then you are obviously not a responsible breeder, if there are such things.

Please read Breeding Guinea Pigs http://www.guinealynx.info/breeding.html

You need to remove any baby males at 3 weeks or they can impregnate mom and sisters.

sophistacavy

Cavy Slave
I don't believe a word this person is saying, to be honest with y'all. I mean, how easy would it be for one of us to create a phantom account and post all sorts of hogwash just to see who gets fired up about it? Exactly. Very easy.

Let's see how long they last here. This is going to be slightly entertaining. :crazy:

lmarieaa

Cavy Slave
:sarcasticWhat a pathetic attempt at getting attention....

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
It's not an Alter Ego or a banned member returned with an alter ego. It's more likely just someone who breeds and/or shows pigs who is clueless on how to properly take care of their pigs.

Instead of the comments that I've seen so far on this thread with the exception of one or two, maybe you all could do a little "tactful" educating instead of talking troll.

lmarieaa

Cavy Slave
I apologize for my previous comment. I shouldn't have let myself get caught up in all of the suspicion that was going on.

GP_LUVER, I am sorry for my comment.

It sounds like you really love your guinea pigs, and that is great. However, we don't advocate breeding on this forum. With so many poor little homeless piggys out there in shelters and rescues and all the other ones being given away by their owners, breeding just makes the problem much worse. Not only that but due to the odds that the sow has against her while giving birth, many times meaning death.
Why aren't you able to keep your guinea pigs inside? There are so many dangers of housing guinea pigs outside. Fluctuation in temperatures, terrorizing predators, and the risk of being stolen or worse. We can help you if you need help on how to house your guinea pigs inside.
If the guinea pigs are fighting to the point that they are wounding each other, then they really should be separated. Especially since they are outside, wounds are likely to become infected.
It is possible that your guinea pigs could have mites, you should see about getting them so medical care.
I encourage you to browse the forum, and take a look at all of the forum stickies.

GP_LUVER

Cavy Slave
A troll? Ahaha ok than....and you can check my IP address all you want, I've never made an account here in my life.

I shoulda clarifyed...the porch used to be a porch, but we like...put walls up and stuff, so its part of the house now. I still just call it the porch.

But..uhhh..yeah...about the show thing, all the 4-H shows kinda let you do your own thing, and I only bring like...1 to a show ever at a time.

I know there's lots of rescues around you guys, but here there isnt.

ALSO, my new pigs are hairless..should I be putting sunscreen on them?

lmarieaa

Cavy Slave
I have never heard of putting sunscreen on skinnies before, then again, I haven't had any experience with them:crazy:
What is making you think that they need sunscreen? Are they in direct sunlight?

walleandeva

Cavy Slave
You shouldnt need to put sunscreen on them. They shouldnt be in direct sunlight. You could just make sure the cage isnt in direct sunlight then you won't have to worry about them getting burnt. If they are hairless the chances of them getting burnt in direct sunlight are pretty high. You also have to think of things like heat exhaustion aswell.

please make sure they are not in direct sunlight.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.