Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi there.

Salomon

Cavy Slave
hi everybody i hope to learn a lot about guinea pigs for this is my first one. His name is Bucky (because Captain America is my favorite hero and his side-kick is named Bucky) he is a White Crested and very cute and fluffy. ❤️. I love him to death but i have some problems with him so if anybody who can help me please let know. Thank you

Welcome! We would love to see a picture of Bucky! What sort of problems are you having with Bucky? There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here that love piggies so your in the right place!

We'll be glad to help you with Bucky. What kind of problems are you having with him?

Hello and Welcome! Ditto on the pictures, we love them! What are your problems with Bucky? There are all kinds of people here that would love to help you!

If anybody can help with piggie issues it's the guys girls and piggies on here! lol pictures for sure, and welcome!

[GuineaPigCages.com] Hi there.
i hope this is a good picture of bucky. :) he keeps running away and wont let me pick him up.

Guinea Pigs are shy animals by nature. Keep trying, but be gentle, and eventually he'll warm up to you! He's adorable!:D

He is a cutiepie!

He is adorable! :)

I know. :) Thank you. Ever since i got him i wanted to get a guinea farm.

Awww he is super cute! Don't worry Philly always ran away from me when I first got her a couple weeks ago. Now she doesn't run away as much and is less shy. He just needs to get use to you and trust you is all.

Awww what a cutie! Make sure to keep treats (veggies) on hand for lap time!

Rather than chasing him down to pick him up, cut the ends out of a shoe box, but leave the lid on it. Put something he likes to eat in there, and gently shoo him in the box. Then put both hands over the holes and lift the box out and sit with it in your lap. That's much less stressful for him than your trying to snatch him up while he's running.

Yummy treats while he's in your lap will also help him come to trust you. A grape, a blueberry, a small bit of apple peeling, or sprigs of cilantro, parsley or dill are favorites with my two. If you give him something he likes every time you get him out of the cage, he'll eventually learn to look forward to coming to you to get out.

Also, stand by the cage a lot and keep your hands in there. You don't have to be doing anything in particular, but it helps if you've got food. Not junk food, but just part of his regular vegetable diet. Talk to him gently.

Thank you everyone for all the advice. :).

I've found that if I cast a shadow on mine when I go to pick them up, they run away so I try not to do that. I sit them on my lap, facing me while I feed them veggies so they get used to seeing me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.