Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi! Newbie looking for happy cavy convo'z!

cavy_butler

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! I was sent here by a cavy friend and was so shocked to see so many cages of awesomeness! I love the ideas and love seeing peopless pigs and hearing the wonderful success rescue stories. I would love to learn more and make some nice piggie friends:).

I personally have 8 gorgousness guineas and often foster as I have plenty of room, my girls are currently in a 4x10 c&c (6 piggies in there) and I have 2 boys living in a 4x2. I'm currently wanting to make ther boys cage bigger of coarse just need to sort of the room to make it! Never the less all my piggies live inside but I study fromn home which gives me plenty of time to annoy the hell outta of them LOL. They all get a few hours play outside in snake proof mobile runs either in the morning or afternoon depending on the weather, but I get them out for a run somehwere at least everyday as although they all have lots of room I think it can be a drag just being in the same place all the time!

I have 6 girls Gypsy,Bluebell and saraphina are sisters, baby (born here to a preggers foster mum >_<), Rosie and an older foster girl.

Our boys are Billy Thunder and Mr. Rudderick von rumblestrut.....Rudy for short LOL, for some reason we lover naming the boys silly things I think its because the boers always seem to have that silly element to them, where as the girls can sometimes be so serious :)

Ive had guinea pigs for just over 5 years now and have never looked back! I love love love them and spend all my spare time spoiling them....:D Its sad but true, we buy our lovly grassy hay from the local cavy rescue and I buy only oxbow pellets and on special occasions they will get some oxbow hay, its very expensive here for a tiny little bag so its more of a treat. But our rhodes grass or blue grass is like the timothy hay smells just as sweet and they love it just as much. This is a view of the girls cage, the last two grids are sectioned off at the moment as the foster girl hasnt quite learnt decent social skills and has a thing for lunging at my poor little gyspy. So im hopeing the fact that they can see eachother but cannot inflict damage will help her get better with socially interacting wiht my other girls.

[GuineaPigCages.com] Hi! Newbie looking for happy cavy convo'z!

Welcome! So glad you have joined us and our community. Your girls cage is lovely!
We all love pictures here.
Looking forward to sharing all things piggie with you.

Hello and welcome! I just lol at the fleece in your pic. It is pure cuteness!

Thought I would post a few more piccies, first up there is my gorgous little (big fat!) rosie, she was a coronet and I have so no idea why she was surrendered. The family said they werent interested any more.....OH MY this girl is a stunner looks wise and personality, she is bosy with the other girls though but is wonderfull to handle and quite calm and not at all flighty. Though when she first came here she had a few baths for static lice which was cleared up quite easily but she hated the whole bath aspect!

Then next we have Saraphina (front) and Gypsy in the back exploring there little fleece curtain thing I had just made for them, the inspection went well, they approved!

[GuineaPigCages.com] Hi! Newbie looking for happy cavy convo'z![GuineaPigCages.com] Hi! Newbie looking for happy cavy convo'z!

Then there is the girls eating in the kitchen with baby sitting in the bowl! Next is Gyspy and saraphina inspecting my camera, I love to sit in with the girls when I chage the fleece (to avoid sitting in wee!) and just chillin there with them, they love using me as an extra hide/tunnel object to run under and explore! Then below is my gorgous Bluebell jumping onto her fave butterfly cushion :)

Thnx so much suzil! I love seeing pics of other people piggies and cages which is why I think this palce will be my new addiction!

Hello and welcome! I just lol at the fleece in your pic. It is pure cuteness!

Cheers Kananaka >_<, my husband laughed at me as usually I just get the soild colors but i loved this monster print, but it took me about half an hour to make up my mind to buy it as I wondered if it may have been too scary looking for girls fleece.....then I realized how utterly lame and silly that thought was hehe!

Welcome! Where did you get that cute little chair? I see tons of mini furniture items in c@c cages, would love to get some for my girls.

Edit: Just noticed the care bear rug. How cute!

I like the guinea butt sticking out of the tube in the picture with the camera :D All your guins are so pretty!

Beautiful, adorable girls!! Thanks so much for the great pictures!

Thought I would flood the thread with more piccies hehehehe, below is baby a little sow born to a preggers rescue girl we fostered for. She always sleeps sprawled out! and below that is my two boys, Billy is the texel and the little one is Baby's brother rudy!

that's a neat little set up you've got there. they are beautiful little piggys

Thanks everyone for the lovely feedback :)
We are looking at going down to our rescue tommorow and bringing home another fur bub to join the family, so will hopefully put up piccys of the next little ball of fluff that will grace our home! We dont have kids and no other animal companions apart from a house bunny, who isnt allowed in the guinea room as I'm terrified he might jump in there and just get too rough, so I'm really wanting to offer a nice safe forever home to a piggy needing that chance. Cant wait YAY!

Thought I would post a piccy of bluebell's face markings as well, BB and her sister Saraphina came to me from a lady who was breeding them and their mother on a VERY hot apartment balcony. The mother of the sisters had the thickest guinea pig coat Ive ever seen, they are texel crosses of some sort but there fuzz is soo extreme. Anyway the lady rang me saying how she thought the mother was dying of something and that the sisters might be preggers and ... that the mother had just had 2 still births (bakc to back with ther current bubs) . She refused to hand them over and refused to see a vet, I rang her the following morning and she finally agreed to ahnd them over, I made an appointment with my vet and put them on the alrt for some sick cavies. While I was waiting for the lady to arrive I recieved a text from that wasnt obviously meant for me, as this poor guinea pig lay dying from toxemia or an infection of some sort the owner was organizing dinner plans..........I WAS FUSRIOUS and by the time she got to me she dumped them and left within minutes of the very sick mother being with me though she started to convulse and she died in my arms. It was so hard to see, she was in the most extreme pain as she had not obviously passed all the placenta and it became infected, I later found out that the owner let her suffer like that for 2 1/2 days. But Bluebell and saraphina are permanant residents here, as they went through enough being with there sick mother and neglectful owner. Bluebell is the spitting image of her mum and she holds a special place in my heart!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.