Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi, new here with my two piggy babies

yuliya

Cavy Slave
Hi Everyone,

My name is Yuliya and I am new here. I am 30 years old, married mom of 4. I have a daughter named Alisa 8 years old and a son named Michael who is 6. I also have my two little babies, Gracie 4 weeks old and Midnight 5 weeks old.

I have always wanted a guinea pig but my husband never let me get one because they "stink", and I always got gerbils instead. After a while I stopped getting gerbils until about a week ago I decided to get a pet for my kids to help take care of and call there own. I thought I would either get them both a hamster, gerbil or maybe an anole lizard. To my suprise my husband suggested a guinea pig. Happily I agreed and started buying things for my new furry babies. $500.00 later here I am with my 2 guinea pigs Gracie and Midnight.

I have a new 2X4 C&C cage on the way which I am very excited about. I should have gotten the C&C cage in the first place. I also have one large spare cage Living World Deluxe Habitat (37.8" x 22.4" x 22"), and one other cage that was a waste of money. I also had to spend money on vet visits and lice treatments due to not reading and learning enough about guinea pigs. At this point I don't care and glad that my piggies are health and happy.

I got Gracie and Midnight about 10 days ago they both have gained about 4oz each (Midnight a little more even if she does eat less). They are both very sweet, but Midnight is shy, easy going and visibly bigger, where tiny Gracie is outgoing, dominent, loving, and they both don't "Stink" to my husbands surprise. They did come to us stinky, skinny, and with lice, but I have fixed most of that and working on the skinny part.

I am glad to have found this forum. I have been reading for about 10 days now and finally decided to join. I am looking forward to learning much more from all of you, and I am sorry about the full length novel I just wrote for you to read.

Yuliya

[GuineaPigCages.com] Hi, new here with my two piggy babies

[GuineaPigCages.com] Hi, new here with my two piggy babies

Welcome! Where did you get the little piggie costume? It's SO CUTE!!!!

Sorry your piggies were sick, but it sounds like they are in a very good home now.

Hello and welcome!
Cute piggies!

Welcome!! Very cute piggies!!! and I love the costume!

Welcome love the piggies, yea i begged my husband and he finally gave in too. Now i just have to convince him to get her a friend. ANYWOO . Costume is cute and where did you get it. I know you can purchase some on either ebay or esty.com.

Well actually its a modified Zhu Zhu pet costume. You take out the plastic and extend here and there and it fits with very little effort, if only they liked to ware the outfits, but that's OK I only need it on for 30 seconds to take a picture. I just got into sewing, I do it just about all day, and if I'm not sewing then I'm playing with the piggies or buying fabric.

Welcome to the forum!
Your pigs are so cute!!! :D

Oh my goodness your little black piggie (I'm assuming that's Midnight) looks so much like my Lucy did as a baby. We got Lucy at 3 weeks and she was soooo itty bitty.

Welcome to the forum, there are TONS of great people here who just love their piggies and are willing to share information on just about anything to help you provide the best home ever for your little ladies. I have learned so much information from people here and my piggies are the happiest piggies I've ever had. We have 2 girls Lucy, who looks a lot like your Midnight and Moo, as well as Chester and Oliver, who came to use yesterday so I think Oliver might just become Max.

Welcome to the pig pen. :)[GuineaPigCages.com] Hi, new here with my two piggy babies

That is crazy they look so similar. Midnight has a tiny patch of red/brown on her back, you have to really search for it other then that she is all black.

I am so glad I got my piggies finally. I can't believe how great they are. I am amazed at how gentle and sweet they are. This sight has taught me a lot already, I wish I would have found it 2 weeks ago.

Our Lucy has a little cream spread in her fur in a few places, makes it look like highlights on her bum. She also has one cream foot too. Yours looks more abby and Lucy is long haired, so you're lucky, no hair trimming to do.

Welcome to the forum!
Hope all goes well with you and the piggies!

Welcome to the forum! Your piggies are so cute, feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like to.

P.S. I LOVE the costume Gracie was wearing!!

Welcome to the guinea forum! Your guinea pigs are adorable! I actually had never seen nor heard about guinea pigs before. Then my fiance saw one on Craig's List and he stole his heart. Then once I saw him in real life, I was swept off my feet. Four years later, I'm a slave to my 3 babies. I hope all goes well with your piggies as well. :)

Oh my goodness your little black piggie (I'm assuming that's Midnight) looks so much like my Lucy did as a baby. We got Lucy at 3 weeks and she was soooo itty bitty.

Welcome to the forum, there are TONS of great people here who just love their piggies and are willing to share information on just about anything to help you provide the best home ever for your little ladies. I have learned so much information from people here and my piggies are the happiest piggies I've ever had. We have 2 girls Lucy, who looks a lot like your Midnight and Moo, as well as Chester and Oliver, who came to use yesterday so I think Oliver might just become Max.

Welcome to the pig pen. :)View attachment 21272

SO adorable!!!!!! I just want to hug and squeeze the adorable baby!

Our Lucy has a little cream spread in her fur in a few places, makes it look like highlights on her bum. She also has one cream foot too. Yours looks more abby and Lucy is long haired, so you're lucky, no hair trimming to do.

They are both suppose to be abby/Peruvian mix, but who knows.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.