Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi! I'm Shannon

schavarry

Cavy Slave
Hello! My name is Shannon and I'm mother to a 4 year old and two guinea pigs. My piggies, Cinnamon and Lightning, are only 2 months old - I aquired them from a friend who bought her guinea pig from a pet store only to find out she was pregnant a few months later. I thought I was getting the two boys out of a litter of 3 piggies but after having the local rescue look at them I realized I have a boy and a girl with a bump that looks like a penis but isn't!! Luckily we got this all straightened out within a few days of them being 3 weeks old so HOPEFULLY my little girl Cinnamon isn't pregnant from her brother Lightning.

Anyway they're currently living in a 2x4 C&C cage that's divided down the middle. They each have a 2x2 square which isn't much to live in but it's only until Lightning is old enough to get neutered (and the month after he's neutered to make sure he's all healed and has no more little swimmers).

Within the last 2 weeks Lightning has gotten sick - he came down with bumble foot and eye problems simultaneously - the vet put him on antibiotics and the foot issue has resolved but one eye still has an ulcer and is swollen from blood behind the eye. We're working on resolving the ulcer problem so we can get the blood/swelling down and *fingers crossed* his eye will return to normal. Still working on trying to find the cause of the eye issues.

As of right now these are the best pics of my guinea pigs I have, I'll post better ones later!!

Lightning in his cage..
[GuineaPigCages.com] Hi! I'm Shannon [GuineaPigCages.com] Hi! I'm Shannon

This is Cinnamon...
[GuineaPigCages.com] Hi! I'm Shannon [GuineaPigCages.com] Hi! I'm Shannon
[GuineaPigCages.com] Hi! I'm Shannon << Lightning hiding while I was cleaning his cage (he's in a laundry basket so the cage is empty and I can clean it...

I am so glad you got the gender issue sorted out before she was pregnant.

You babies look beautiful.

Welcome here

Welcome, they are adorable.

I am so glad you got the gender issue sorted out before she was pregnant.

You babies look beautiful.

Welcome here

Thanks! I'm not 100% sure she's not pregnant. There is a SLIGHT chance she could be but I'm really hoping she isn't!!

I think my babies are pretty cute :)

If they weren't yet three weeks when you separated them, from everything I have read I think you are safe that she isn't pregnant.

If they weren't yet three weeks when you separated them, from everything I have read I think you are safe that she isn't pregnant.

They were 3 weeks when they were separated from their mom but I had them together for 2-3 days while I waited for them to be sexed. I doubt she's pregnant but there were those 3 days she was with him while I was unsure :( We'll find out soon enough. She isn't gaining weight as if she is so I'm hoping she's not!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.