Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi! I'm new to the forum.

cavylover123

Cavy Slave
[GuineaPigCages.com] Hi! I'm new to the forum.[GuineaPigCages.com] Hi! I'm new to the forum.Hi everyone, my name is Rachel and I'm new to the forum. I have two guinea pigs which, i am ashamed to say, i bought at a petstore 7 months ago. I know everyone here is all for adopting, but i did look at my local shelters. When i could not find any (I was new to guinea pigs and didn't know how many were without a home) I looked around for a good petstore. I found one and went to check it out.
They took very good care of the guinea pigs there. They talked to me about the right kind of bedding, having hay at all times, not putting them in ball or wheels, and asked if i was going to buy a pair. I went back a few days later and bought my little babies. (I first checked to make sure they were healthy and were both males) Now they live in a 2x4 C&C cage and I love them so so so so sooo much and we are very happy.:)

Last edited:
Hi Rachel! I'm a newbie too, but have found soooo much useful information on this forum. Plus, having other cavy lovers to chat with is great because my husband just does NOT get it...lol! I bought from a pet store too before knowing better. I also have two little boys - they're about 10 & 13 wks now. Hoping that after we move I can adopt a pair of girls. I really want at least one peruvian and maybe an American short-hair. The boys are both abbys. We'll see! :)

Well, welcome to the forum! (even though I'm new too)I love the forum too, because I don't have any friends with guinea pigs. I hope that getting a pair of girls works out for you!

Hello, I am new to gps too. Joined the forum about a month or so and its been very helpful. Nice people here always willing to give advice and ideas on how to enrich your gps life. Congrats I have a husband that just doesn't get it either and doesn't understand the Gpod ~ Guinea pig obsessive disorder

Hi, I think I have that disorder too!

Hello and welcome!
My boyfriend and I got into piggies together and now between the two of us, we have five! He has two brothers named Rocko and Oscar and I have three piggies, two boys named Harper and Scout and a girl named Radley.
I can't wait to see more pictures of your piggies, and of your cage! I love getting new ideas on how to enhance my babies cages.
You guys are right, it's nice to come here and have people to talk piggies with because the general populous does NOT get it! I had to explain fleece for piggies last night to the lady cutting my fabric at Joann's, even after 5 minutes I think she may have still been confused!
:D

Hello and welcome!
My boyfriend and I got into piggies together and now between the two of us, we have five! He has two brothers named Rocko and Oscar and I have three piggies, two boys named Harper and Scout and a girl named Radley.
I can't wait to see more pictures of your piggies, and of your cage! I love getting new ideas on how to enhance my babies cages.
You guys are right, it's nice to come here and have people to talk piggies with because the general populous does NOT get it! I had to explain fleece for piggies last night to the lady cutting my fabric at Joann's, even after 5 minutes I think she may have still been confused!
:D
:D Ha ha

Thanks everyone!:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.