Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chewing Hi everyone meet Chompie! Are these chew toys safe for him?

Chompiedad

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! I’m a new guinea pig owner. I’ve had my 7 month year old male Chompie for about a month. When I adopted him the adoption center said that he would do best in a home without a guinea pig because the other pig attacked him.

He is doing well adjusting to his new place. I have some toy related questions. My friend got these for him. https://www.amazon.com/Guinea-Chinc...ocphy=9001985&hvtargid=pla-569253420401&psc=1 Are these safe for him to chew on? What chew toys do your guinea pigs love?

Attachments

4371D7C1-6FFC-475B-920B-F68AE3AB3CDE.jpg
Those toys are OK. I never had a pig that chewed on toys.

That adoption center didn't know what they were talking about. It's the OTHER pig that attacked him that may need to live alone, not Chompie. I'd find another rescue and arrange to take him in for a meet and greet and let him pick out his own new buddy.

Agreed. If the other pig attacked Chompie, then Chompie isn't the problem. I'd be willing to bet he'd love a buddy.

My boys have never really taken to chew toys either. What they DO love to chew, are toilet paper tubes and paper towel tubes. Ones that have been cleaned of all paper and glue residue, and perhaps stuffed with timothy hay or orchard grass.

Do see if Chompie would do well with a buddy, but just one buddy. Boars don't work with more than two.

I plan on getting him a buddy in the next couple months. Should I get him a younger male or a older male?

The age doesn't matter, but the personality sure does. As I suggested, I'd find another rescue and take him in for a meet-and-greet to pick out his own buddy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.