Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi Everyone I'm New Here!!

LilyPigs

Cavy Gazer
Hi everyone!! Bestguineapigs showed me this account!!

Just so you guys know I don't have any guinea pigs but my mom said that when my first progress report card comes in with all straight A's (4.0) then my mom promised me that I could get my guinea pigs at that time!!!

All though I have one problem that you guys can answer if you want to. When it comes to winter, what should I do with my guinea pigs when I go on vacation to California for a week to visit my grandma?

Give me your best opinion's! Thanks bye!!

BestGuineaPigs

Cavy Slave
Awww! Thanks! You are the best!

I think you should take them to a close friend, or have a close friend come to your place to take care of them. If you take them to your friends house, it might stress them out from being away from home.

Aleks

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of great info here on proper piggy care. :)
As far as what to do when you go on vacation, do you have a family member that could take care of them for you while you are gone?
Some vet offices and rescues offer boarding so that might be an option to consider.

KaryIvett

Cavy Slave
Hi I am new too! I hope to find good friends here!

LilyPigs

Cavy Gazer
Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of great info here on proper piggy care. :)
As far as what to do when you go on vacation, do you have a family member that could take care of them for you while you are gone?
Some vet offices and rescues offer boarding so that might be an option to consider.

Yes I do have a family member!! I have my aunt, Bt se has 2 dogs and 1 cat!!! I'm scared that her dogsmight stress them ou and I'm also scare that there gong to bother them!!!

PiggyLove1

Cavy Slave
Welcome! You'll LOVE your pigs when you get them!

About the vacation thing... do you know any piggy owners near by you? If so, I'm sure they can take care of your pigs for you! Good luck on the forum!

Aleks

Cavy Slave
Yes I do have a family member!! I have my aunt, Bt se has 2 dogs and 1 cat!!! I'm scared that her dogsmight stress them ou and I'm also scare that there gong to bother them!!!

Does she have a room she could keep them in where the dogs and cat won't be able to get to them?

LilyPigs

Cavy Gazer
Welcome! You'll LOVE your pigs when you get them!

About the vacation thing... do you know any piggy owners near by you? If so, I'm sure they can take care of your pigs for you! Good luck on the forum!

Thanks!! I do have a piggy owner near me!! It's Bestguineapigs!!! She has 3 guinea pigs that she already has to take care of and now she has to take care of 2-3 more guinea pigs!! Thank for your advise!!

LilyPigs

Cavy Gazer
I'm not sure!!:sad:

PiggyLove1

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.