Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

HEY..

RomeoJuliet

Cavy Slave
Im new 2 tiz guinea pig thing..i gt myself 2 jz 4 days ago..i need lots of guidence..willing 2 help me???

Welcome to the forum. We'd love to see pictures of your guinea pigs. How old are your pigs, and are they males or females?

Yes, we'll help you. But we'd like to ask you to help us, also. This is not a chat room, and we have people who don't speak English as their first language. Some of our members are older adults. We would appreciate it if you don't use chat speak, and if you'll use better punctuation and grammar. Deal?

Click the Home button above and read about the cage size you'll need, and the other articles on that site. Go to Guinea Pig Education, Care, Rescue and Adoption at Cavy Spirit and read the articles there -- they're listed down the lefthand side of the page.

Your pigs will need long strand grass hay all the time. It's the most important part of their diet. Grass hays are timothy, orchard grass, bluegrass and brome. There is at least one more poster on here from Malaysia, and as soon as I remember who it is, I'll PM you. Maybe that person can help you find the things you need there.

They also need vegetables -- red and green leaf lettuce, bell peppers and cilantro are the most important. But there are many others that they can have -- look at the Diet and Nutrition forum here and read the "read me" thread first. Then take a look at the sample menus -- many are way too complicated for everyday use, but you'll get an idea of what your pigs need.

If you can get them, they need a good quality timothy pellet -- no colored bits, no seeds or grains mixed in. If they're less than six months old, they'll need extra calcium, which they can get from alfalfa pellets, a little alfalfa hay, extra parsley, etc.

They need a good absorbent bedding so that they don't develop foot problems and urinary tract infections. They can't be kept on wire flooring, and newspaper and straw or hay are also not good beddings.

They can't tolerate heat, so when it gets above 85 degrees Fahrenheit you'll have to figure out some way to keep them cool -- air conditioning if you have it, frozen water bottles wrapped and put in their cages frequently if you don't.

After you've read those articles, come back and post again if you have questions. Good luck!

Hello and welcome! As bpatters said, we would love to see pictures of your guinea pigs! :)

Welcome!! We are here for you and your piggies. Feel free to ask any questions.
Tell us all about them. We do love pictures.

Thank you.Sorry for my grammar and other stuffs but i'll use suitable English from now..It's a deal..:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.