Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hey im new....XD

lexxy

Cavy Slave
*hey im lexxy. i have an (almost) 2 year old guinea pig named jazz and im new to this site. i was trying to find some safe and super inexpensive ideas for her cage....its kinda boring in there XD.

*i have thought of an upper level as a sleeping area and i wanted to know how i could construct that, or even a larger, hand-built cage?

*by the way, does anyone have any problems with the hay nets being pulled off the bars or not letting hay out? can i wire it, and will the wire be a safe option?

Hello! Welcome to GPC! There are so many fun and cool idea's for cages. I don't have any but I just wanted to say Hi!

Welcome.

Take a look at the photos of cages in the gallery (go to the main page, Guinea Pig Cages, Your Cavy At Home and click on galleries) to get ideas on building a loft area. There are also directions on building C&C Cages (the link is on the left hand side).

Hay nets can be dangerous. I wouldn't use one, or use wire to hang one. You can just throw the hay on the floor of the cage, or use a manger, or even a box.

lol thanx for the hi :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.