Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Aggression Help?

jillianrose222

Cavy Slave
I have 3 female guinea pigs. First, I got a 2 month old named Bella. About a week later I got her a friend that was 3 months old named Trix. And then a couple of weeks ago, I got a third female who is about 2 months old named Luna.

Recently, Trix has randomly started teeth chattering, Im guessing towards Bella. I'm pretty sure this started when I was expanding their C&C cage from 2X4 to 2X5 and I had to put them in a store bought cage (41 1/2 inches of length) and she was running around chasing Bella and chattering(?) her teeth and looked to be nipping at her I guess you could say. Ive seen her do this about once a day ever since then. I'm not sure what I should do because they got along perfectly up until last week... So Ive been either holding one of the two or putting Trix in the other cage for a couple of hours. What do you think the problem is?

Anyone? :/ Any advice would help

It is most likely just dominance, which is completely normal. Unless blood is shed, which is very unlikely with females, don't do anything. Just sit back and monitor them.

Also, don't push for replies. We can and will get to you eventually.

Good luck! I know it can be hard!

Do you have them in the bigger cage now? If so, I would just leave them all in it together to figure out the dominance issues.

Alright, its just weird because usually the only dominant one is Bella even though shes the smallest, its not like her to be agressive towards either one of them.

Sorry, I'm new to the forum and I was afraid that my thread wouldn't be seen. I won't do it again.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.