Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General help!!

avengedsoph

Cavy Slave
so my mum wants me to get rid of my piggies :(
i am currently 9 weeks pregnant and she thinks that i wont have the time for them to clean them out and all that because i will be too busy with my baby.

i really dont want to get rid of them
:(

i think i will still have time for them
help guys!! :(

Your mom is right that you will be VERY busy, but I think you will still have time for them. When I had my baby, who is now 2 1/2, I had a dog who needed walking and a cat who needed attention and I managed. It does get easier.

One thing I guarantee will happen though, is your piggies will no longer be your babies, and your priorities will shift drastically. I would recommend asking someone to help you with the piggies for the first 6 weeks after you have your baby. The first 6 weeks are extremely difficult while you get used to being a mommy. Can your mom or a friend help you with the pigs?

Also, make sure you have all of your piggy supplies ready for 2 months so that you don't have to worry about going out to the shops.

Although I don't have any experience with this sort of thing, I know what it's like for your parent to want to get rid of your pet. I send prayers your way, and hope for the best. :)

I had a black lab, and two very needy cats when I had my daughter. I was on bed and pelvic rest the entire time, had hypermesis and was hospitalized several times and still managed to take care of my pets. I also had to have a c section, then my daughter needed surgery and then I needed surgery again. I was on my own with all three because my husband had to work a lot and we had no family and friends nearby that could help. Also, we had to move suddenly while I was in the hospital having our daughter because we found black, active mold in our apartment. If I can manage three large pets and all that, you can manage too. :D Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy. :D

We are huge animals lovers and had no problems splitting time and love between our fur babies and our real babies. It will be an adjustment but once the baby is 4 months old they regulate themselves and will nap and go down to sleep at the same time each day and night and then that can be your fur baby time. Don't get rid of them. you're entire life will be an adjustment with a new baby and this is just one little part of it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.