Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Mounting Help!!!!

Alaskangurl

Cavy Slave
Mini Me is bothering Auggie constantly! She chases her around the cage and sticks her nose right to Auggie's butt. Auggie keeps moving to get away and hides in the carwash and kicks Mini Me out... I have checked Mini Me and she is a girl and onlly about 6 or 7 weeks old. They both are making noises, Mini is wheeking and Auggie is making the rumbling noise....Please help me! You all have so much good advice.

Is your cage still one grid wide?

No, it is 3 grids wide and 5 long. We just took Mini Me out and put her in the pet store cage we have from when we first got Auggie. To give Auggie some peace.

No, it is 3 grids wide and 5 long. We just took Mini Me out and put her in the pet store cage we have from when we first got Auggie. To give Auggie some peace.

That's plenty big. I'd take out any hiding houses that don't have two exits and have two or three bottles, dishes and hay piles. You can also give them a buddy bath. I know your vet checked Auggie but are you positive Mini Me is female? Did you disinfect the hiding house, dishes and water bottles, too?

Pinky, all hiding houses have two exits, have 3 water bottles but just one hay pile. Several dishes in the middle of the cage. Is the buddy bath where both are in the tub at the same time? Yes, according to the info on this site, she is....but of course I am limited by my interpretation of the "Y". Yes everything is disenfected and or new. Maybe I better bring Mini to my Vet for sexing.

I need to clarify :eek:....the cage we put Mini Me in was bought from a thrift store but it originally was one of those they sell at the pet store.....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.