Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Genitals Help!! :(

Sherriandmoo

Cavy Gazer
So yesterday my friend decided she didn't want her pig anymore and asked if I would take him otherwise he'd go to the humane society so I took him because I have a serious love for these animals <3
So anyways, I picked him up and he was really dirty, his nails were also very long..almost curled into a circle ..it was sad. My first instinct was to bathe him which I did, and clipped his nails. While bathing him I noticed his testicles looked huge, almost swollen :( I don't know hat the issue is, has anyone seen this before? He's eating and pooping lots so that not a concern and he's not showing any signs of pain at all..

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg

Fay

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forums! That was really nice of you to take on board the poor neglected pig! He's a lucky boy to have found a new home where he'll be loved and cared for. He's really adorable!

Bpatters has pretty much answered your question so I'll just add that aside from these forums, this is a good starting point to begin reading about everything you'll want to know about guinea pigs (if you haven't already):

http://www.guinealynx.info/healthycavy.html
http://www.guinealynx.info/medical_guide.html

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

To me his testicles look normal but I'm concerned about his penis, it doesn't look right. Can you post a more detailed photo of his entire genitalia?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.