Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Help with piggie placement.

Slyric

Cavy Slave
Hey guys,

My landlord came to check on my electricity and plumbing. There are going to be new owners at my apts. He told them about the guinea pigs and he came to see them and then told me I had one week to get rid of them. He said the were pests :p.

Please tell me the best way to try and find them a good home.

I live in louisville KY zipcode 40219.

:( :(

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
Try to explain to your landlord, that they aren't pests, that you love them. Maybe think about moving.I would do anything to keep my guinea pigs.

Teria

Cavy Slave
In Gemany, landlords have nothing to say about keeping guinea pigs or other caged pets. I find it hard to believe that US law should be so different from ours. Check your rent law (or whatever it's called) about pets in a rented flat.

dansamy

Cavy Slave
In the states, anything can be regulated by your rental agreement. Some places allow no pets at all. Including fish or birds or reptiles, etc. Some will only allow one small animal up to X pounds. I know there are some rentals that are adult only and some are senior adult only. No kids, period. My rental agreement says I cannot paint or carpet. If I do, I must repaint/recarpet back to the original beige at my own expense before I move.

joab97

Cavy Slave
I got lucky when it came to renting. Although I just had my cat at the time. I am gratful I dont have to rent anymore...But believe me,,I understand what you are going through. It is very difficult to find a place that allows pets. Good luck.

deborahjeanne

Cavy Slave
Sometimes they're not allowed to make you get rid of a pet you were originally allowed to keep (unless it is causing a problem). Check with your renters association.

deborah

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Post on the Adoption forum here and at www.guinealynx.info/forums in their adoption section. You can also place an ad on www.petfinder.com

I wish you lived closer to me than Louisville, I would keep them for you until you were able to keep them again, but I am in Arkansas. Too far of a drive.

Before anyone thinks I sound horrid, I don't mean to. I hope somehow, someway you can convince your new landlord to let you keep them. I really hope all works out because we all know how much you love your piggies. Giving them up would be heartbreaking.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Here's a link that may help. You can substitute guinea pig for rabbit in the article.

(broken link removed)

Do other tenants have any animals? Dogs or cats?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.