Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives Help with a cage

Guineas4life

Cavy Slave
I am building a guinea pig cage for 2 guineas. I am having a hard time finding coroplast and was wondering if this would work. I would take two peices of foam core board as a base. Then use plexiglass for the sides. I know foam is bad for guineas but I would cover it with something water proof and it would NOT be on the sides AT ALL. They would have NO access to it, Im only using it for stability. My question is, What should I use to "waterproof" the bottom. I was thinking I'd line it with a vinil shower curtain, but would one of those clear vinil tablecloth covers be better? Or should I use those vinil carpet runners?

A shower curtain is a great way to water proof your cage. There are a few members on her who can't decide on a permanant cage design, so rather then buying and re-buying coroplast for each new set up, they use a shower curtain for versatility.

Good Luck with the cage build.

My dad actually gets waterproof poster sheets that have a thick waterproof surface on top and bottom and a foam ish layer in between. I've made bases out of these and it works great!

P.S- It's free!

Sure, it would work but you can find Coroplast online! I got mine online.

Thanks! And the shower curtain isnt permant, it's only until I find coroplast. (The shipping is REALLY expensive lol) I am adopting 2 piggies soon!!!!! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.