Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

HELP!!What do I do?

oscar54

Cavy Slave
Please help, I didnt know where to post this so I'm sorry. This is an emergency.
One of my pigs has something wrong with a few of her nails. It seems like the quick in some of her nails are almost black when they should be pink!. I'm not sure if its poop that she has stepped on and got caught in her nails, but it looks dangerous. The quick should be pink, not black!! HELP!!!

Take her to the vet ASAP and try to stay calm!

you should post this on guinea lynx

My girls toes get like that once in a while. It's most likely some poo has gotten up under their nails. Try washing your piggies toes with a wet cloth and see if it comes off.

Like Ly said, most likely it is poop caught in the nails. If the washcloth trick doesn't work then let the piggies feet soak in a shallow bath of warm water for a while and try to gently but firmly pry it off. If it's definitely inside the nail then a vet visit in order.

I agree with both Ly and Voodoo. I noticed Chip had the brown stuff on his toe nails today.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.