Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Help!~Water Bottles~Help!

cjguineapiglvr

Cavy Slave
The water bottles that I have for my three pigs are getting dirty but I don't konw how to clean the inside. I have a very big water bottle and a smaller one and I've tried many ways to try and clean the inside but it doesn't work! I've already bought the bottle brushes but everywhere I looked the brushes were too big to fit inside the opening!!!! It's getting me so aggravated and I want the best for my piggers! How do you guys keep them clean and do you have any suggestions???

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Throw a little rice into the bottle and shake vigorously, that will clean the inside of the bottle.

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
maybe fill it up with a vinegar water solution and let it sit for some time (during that times, perhaps you can let the pigs drink from a bowl)

maybe the vinegar will disintegrate the dirt???

i dont honestly know. Im kind of making this up.

pig pal

Cavy Slave
I use baking soda and hot water along with the bottle brush. Then clean out the metal pipe with a Q- tip and the solution. Also use hydrogen peroxide sometimes. If you don't have the right brush you can probably just shake up the solution of choice in the bottle,maybe along with some small gravel or simular. Once a week seems to be enough plus the rinsing out and refilling in between.

cjguineapiglvr

Cavy Slave
Thanks sooo much!!! You guys are such a big help! :)

silkerlover

Cavy Slave
I usually use a toothbrush to clean out mine. They should be small enough to fit in the opening if you can't find a small enough bottle brush.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
Go to a good pet store and near the water bottles they have water bottle brushes for like 2 bucks. I got one and they work great also very hot water and shake very good.

o0Ms Jenny0o

Cavy Slave
I agree with ChattyCoco. Fill the bottle up half way with warm water and put rice in. It works great and there are no chemicals you have to worry about. Remember..this is a water bottle we're talking about.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.