Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

help! Two males that don't get along well :(

MomichiPiggy

Cavy Slave
So I have two male guinea pigs that used to get along but now just rumblestrutt, chatter their teeth, and try to fight each other when I give them both attention and when they are in their indoor hutch together. They put up with eachother in their outdoor run though. So I found this C&C cage and was wondering if you guys think this would be the right size for two male guinea pigs? Would I need to buy two and keep them seperated? They seem to be happier away from eachother as Momo gets scared of Patches and they stalk eachother :(. I love these little guys and want them to be at their happiest, but I'm not allowed to buy any more piggies for new company for them, so really not sure what to do! This is the C&C cage I'm going to get:

(broken link removed)

Do you think they will be alright again because it's bigger??

It looks like a great cage for your piggies! You will need to make sure they have enough hidies with at least 2 exits. If they still don't get along you could put a divider up and that way they can still socialize with each other.

I was thinking of buying a new C&C off this site as well! Let me know how it turns out if you end up getting it, which I think you should!

The size of the cage should be fine, but you should realize that it may not cure your pigs' squabbling. That has a lot to do with their ages, and if they're adolescents, they can squabble in a room the size of a football field.

I've answered one of your posts before, and told you that I don't think there's anything wrong with your pigs. Their behavior sounds perfectly normal, and as long as one isn't being bitten, you can quit worrying about them.

I was thinking of buying a new C&C off this site as well! Let me know how it turns out if you end up getting it, which I think you should!

Ok :) Thinking about making myself one instead though now, as I found out that it doesn't ship to new zealand :/

The size of the cage should be fine, but you should realize that it may not cure your pigs' squabbling. That has a lot to do with their ages, and if they're adolescents, they can squabble in a room the size of a football field.

I've answered one of your posts before, and told you that I don't think there's anything wrong with your pigs. Their behavior sounds perfectly normal, and as long as one isn't being bitten, you can quit worrying about them.

Ok thanks, I suppose I can always see how it turns out, and if things go bad then as u said I could just put a grid in between :)

It looks like a great cage for your piggies! You will need to make sure they have enough hidies with at least 2 exits. If they still don't get along you could put a divider up and that way they can still socialize with each other.

Yep! Plenty of hidies lol. Tunnels and cushions etc too XD

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.