Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fur help theres somthing on him:(

kendalm7

Cavy Slave
my boy harvey feels like he has like clump of harden somthing on his fur and i found it this morning and i can tell it really annyoes him and potentoly hurt him:( i dont know how to get it off! its rockk hard and its only a clump of furr he is an abysinyan guinea pig i tryed a wet cloth i dont know what eles!

yeah it hurts him hes been trying to scrach and like clean it off of himself and he like pretented to bite me when i was trying to feel it:( btw its connected to his skin so i cant like cut off the part of fur:(

Does he live with another male? Does the hard stuff look like dried white glue?

how to get this off of him:(

1. my boy harvey feels like he has like clump of harden somthing on his fur and i found it this morning and i can tell it really annyoes him and potentoly hurt him:( i dont know how to get it off! its rockk hard and its only a clump of furr he is an abysinyan guinea pig i tryed a wet cloth i dont know what to do! (broken link removed)
  1. btw it hurts him hes been trying to scrach and like clean it off of himself and he like pretented to bite me when i was trying to feel it:( btw its connected to his skin so i cant like cut off the part of fur:(

no just him
and not really but his fur is white in that section:(
possible pee maybe?

but its extremly hard:(

Re: how to get this off of him:(

Where on Harvey is the clump? Is Harvey housed with another male guinea pig? It's possible that it's a lump of ejaculate, also called boar glue. It dries very hard and it hard to get off!

Can you upload a photo?

Where on Harvey is the clump? Is Harvey housed with another male guinea pig? It's possible that it's a lump of ejaculate, also called boar glue. It dries very hard and it hard to get off!
I agree with you

no hes alone & its a small clump under him on his chest how can i get it off cuz im sure i can treat it the same as boar glue

i can get a picture its in a very difficult spot and matches with his fur - white:/
could he have his own boar glue on himself?

sounds like matted hair to me...? cutting it is the way to go :(

could he have his own boar glue on himself?

Oh yes, he can! I can tell you from the title of this thread it is probably boar glue lol

okay thank you im pretty sure tht is what it is lol poor boy its eritating him:(
any idea how to get it off?
&thank you very much!

any idea how to get it off?

I'm not sure science has progressed to figure this out. Seriously, you could probably use it as an aerospace adhesive; it is really tough to get off. He may eventually work it out, or you can let the hair grow a bit and cut it out. There really is no cleaning it out.

haha great poor harvey:( thankyou and thats probly what it is then! any idea how to get it off?:(

sorry i refreshed the page and i didnt see tht u replyed & tht my message sent! sorry & thankyou for your help:)

Give it a few days -- the hair will grow out enough to cut it off.

I've never had that happen to mine, (having gluey stuff on their necks), but it sounds icky wicky to the poor snuggly wuggly!:guilty: You probably got all the info ya' need, but if the others don't work, maybe ask someone if saoking it in something would work!:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.