Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Help naming new guinea pig (:

Gerawrdcim

Cavy Slave
so i adopted a new guinea pig and i have NO idea what to name her. My sister wanted Eleanor but I'm not sure. Here's some pics :)
[GuineaPigCages.com] Help naming new guinea pig (:[GuineaPigCages.com] Help naming new guinea pig (:[GuineaPigCages.com] Help naming new guinea pig (:

and is she an Abyssinian?? :)

Hmmm how about Lola, Daffodil (Daffy for short), Lilly, or Magnolia (Maggie for short).

And yes, I would say most likely abyssinian. It's a little hard to tell with her being so young still but I do see what looks like some rosettes on her body.

my girls names areee:
Pippa
Lola
Candy-Floss(she gets called either lol)
Poppy
Sheeba
Mia
Sugar(sugars a boy but still haha)

Harriet, Flower, Swirl, rosie ^^

We got a male recently that looks just like your pig. We named him Elvis though because his hair is crazy. ;)

She is so, so cute!!! I think she definitely is an Abby. Her white face reminds me of a barn owl. I like the name Eleanor, too. It seems to fit her. I also like Candy Corn, Tiger Lily, Sweet Potato Pie, Pumpkin, Boots, Taffy, Taco "Belle"

Thank you!! I still haven't given her name yet but I really like Eleanor, Lola, Rosie, Dani and Sakura :)

I still like Eleanor. I think my second choice out of those names would be Sakura since she has the white and oranges like the flowers do. Her coloring doesn't seem to fit a Rosie to me, but I do like that name. I don't care for Dani but Lola is cute and easy to say. It's hard choosing, isn't it?

Or you can try www.behindthename.com. On the side bar to the left, there's a button called Name Themes. As implied, there's a page where names are seperated into categories according to a theme, such as red, flower, feline, astrology, military, etc.

Yes! it takes me forever to name My guinea pigs! :( so many names to choose though

My girls names are Shadow, Echo and Chase, but I'd call your girl BELLA

I'd say she is a Blythe

okay my sister wants to call her Eleanor and I want to call her sakura. Will she get confused?

okay my sister wants to call her Eleanor and I want to call her sakura. Will she get confused?

No. I've changed my guinea pigs' names a few times. As long as I have a treat in my hand, they don't care what I call them.

@pinky El oh El. after arguing with my sister i finally gave in and I named her Eleanor :)

@pinky El oh El. after arguing with my sister i finally gave in and I named her Eleanor :)

I like both of those names. Maybe you should adopt a friend for Eleanor and name her Sakura...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.