Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Help, my guinea pig has a URI?!?

Kristen09

Cavy Slave
I believe my guinea pig has a URI. She is breathing kind of hard, with a popping sound, her whole body moves as doing so. She hasn't eaten any veggies today, her hay ball is still full from yesterday... I usually have to refill it constantly but she only eats a few pieces. She is eating and drinking somewhat normal but is only pooping 1/10th the amount she usually does and they are smaller than usual. I honestly don't have the money to take her to the vet right now but I don't want anything bad to happen to her either. I just don't want her to suffer before it gets worse, even if it means rehoming her with someone who will take care of her. If I took her to a shelter would they treat her? Yes she would be adopted by someone but as long as she's better that's all that matters. Also she's only 12 weeks old and if it is a URI she had to have gotten it from my guinea pig I recently had to give away due to health issues. Please help, I appreciate any advice :(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.