Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Help me convince the parents about a C&C cage

katebkate

Cavy Slave
My guinea pigs used to live outside in a hutch. I ended up writing a proposal for my parents, so that I would be allowed to have them inside. I was trying to convince them that a C&C cage is best, but they did not want it, and it was just coming into winter (aus) and I ended up buying an overpriced, to small pet cage. I got the biggest one I could, but it's still quite small. They're out of it for at least 7-9 hours a day.

I'd really like an open cage also, but with two small dogs that's only possible if I have them up on a table (and my dogs can only wander around the house with supervision anyway)

I plan to include info on it, pros, cons and how the cons can be fixed. Any advice, ideas?

This probably won't happen for a few months. I plan on paying for it myself, but I need to get some money first (planning on walking and training basic obedience for dogs in town, for a little money) and we'll see how much money I get for my birthday coming up soon. But I want to start working on it now

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
To build a c&c cage it is cheaper than a store bought one. The GP's need room to run, explore, have toys and places to hide. They don't get as stressed out as they are not on top of each other with no room. Males, have to have room to strut their stuff and be boys. They can fight if cooped up in a small cage. Small cages have to be totally cleaned out daily. To me the main reason is for the c&c cages is the happiness and health of the GP's.

At least your pigs are now in the house. That is an excellant start. It is so dangerous to have them outside.
Let your parents see some of the threads about the cons of a c&c cage and the pictures. There are so many wonderful cages on here.

Last edited:

MaggieMae

Cavy Slave
Why don't they want you to have a C&C cage? I mean that may help us help you if you knew why.

Where are they when they are out? I know my mom would have been all for it if it had meant less time for piggies to be running around her kitchen peeing and pooping. No matter what you did or how you cleaned it up, it creeeeeped her out. She isn't a guinea pig person but she IS a good sport.

katebkate

Cavy Slave
Outside, in a very good pen, in a yard with very good fencing. Only when the weathers nice, and when people are home. It's the only place they'll really let me put them.

Mum thinks it's to big and takes up to much space. We live in a big house... There is room though, in quite a few places. I think that's it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.