Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior help... baby guinea pig, weird breathing

caitlinn

Cavy Slave
My baby female guinea pig, snickers, of almost three months has been having rapid breathing and ocasional sneezing. I have noticed this with her alot more lately. when i hold her close to my ear i can hear that she is sort of "pulsating" breathing. I see her breathing like a pulse when i watch her breathe as well. Could this be an upper respiratory infection? what is good to do for her as it is after veterinary hours at this time???

I'd get her to an after hours emergency vet. A URI can quickly turn to pneumonia and since it's been getting worse, I wouldn't wait to take her in. The pulsating sound could mean she has fluid in her lungs.

Emergency vet visit in order!!!

I'm planning on taking her first thing in the morning.. I'm feeding her water which shell slightly take with a syringe... I want to keep her hydrated. Shell eat a strand of hay here ans there but not too much of an appetite. I also noticed her begining to have some crustiness around her nose however eyes are clear and fine.. maybe a respiratory infection? ...hoping for the best.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.