Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Alternatives Help about c&c cages.....

Cedesm16

Cavy Slave
my guinea pig cage is small so I'm going to use cubes but I don't like the coroplast. I need something easier. I was thinking a box because it would have the side go up a little I would cut it so it's only like a few inches high. I use bedding and I think that would be easy to clean any other ideas? ❤️

You make the Coroplast into a box.....

You mean like a Cardboard box? It isn't going to last you long enough, and I don't believe you are going to find one to fit the dimensions perfectly. What do you mean you don't like the Coroplast? It is a lot better to use, so if you can find it, get it. :)

coroplast can be a pain to work with if you do not have sharp enough scissors
but it really is a blessing once you have everything put together.
As far as cardboard, it will fall apart fast in areas that are used often/if urine gets to it. Stinky stinky. As a matter of fact, any liquid that gets to it will make the cadboard super weak.

are you having an issue finding a coroplast source?

I have seen shower curtains used, or flooring. You can improvice and don't have to have a box-type thing as the base, but if you don't, be ready to sweep up bedding and poop from your floor.

i was just going to make a topic on getting hold of correx in the uk as i have been trying to source some for week's to fit my new c&c cage. after ringing all sign makers in my area, b&q, wickes, jewsons, you name it i rang them i decided to ring a packaging company. (the one we use for work) and they had 8x4 black correx which i want, 2mm but i can get 2 sheet's and double it over so its 4mm. Costing me only £3.50 a sheet. absolute bargain if you ask me alot cheaper than these ebay adverts

i was just going to make a topic on getting hold of correx in the uk as i have been trying to source some for week's to fit my new c&c cage. after ringing all sign makers in my area, b&q, wickes, jewsons, you name it i rang them i decided to ring a packaging company. (the one we use for work) and they had 8x4 black correx which i want, 2mm but i can get 2 sheet's and double it over so its 4mm. Costing me only £3.50 a sheet. absolute bargain if you ask me alot cheaper than these ebay adverts

there ya go
so your going to be using coroplast after all?

there ya go
so your going to be using coroplast after all?

in my honest opinion its well worth it, deffinently, no hassle, easy to clean and just finishes the cage off!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.