Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello

mypiggies

Cavy Slave
We just got our new guinea pig today. Have been reading this site for a few weeks and decided to join since we have a new friend. I've been searching Craigslist instead of purchasing one from the Pet store and came across a lady that was re-homing her pig because her boyfriend was allergic so I emailed her long story short we picked him up today he is a teddy she also stated that he is neutered how can be for sure that he his so that I can possibly get him a female friend of course if he's not neutered we will get a male friend for him so that we have no unwanted pregnancies. I will post pictures shortly :)

Welcome to the forum.

If it's a male pig, it's pretty easy to tell if they've been neutered. Male pigs have lots of equipment down below -- the testicles form sort of an unclosed circle around the penis. If he doesn't have that, then he's been neutered. Take a look at Sexing Guinea Pigs: How to Sex a Guinea Pig for pictures of unneutered males for comparison.

How old is the pig you got from CL? Sometimes on the younger/smaller piggies, it can be hard to tell since everything about them is small as well. But BP is right, males have a sac out back that intact males will have and neutered will not.

Im not sure how old he is but from the link that bpatters posted it appears that he is neutered

[GuineaPigCages.com] Hello Here is Bear our new addition

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.