Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello! New member... how do i post profile picture??

caitlinn

Cavy Slave
Hello, im new to the forum, just made my profile, however i cant seem to find how to change my profile picture..:confused:

help pleaseeee. :eek:

Anywho.. I have two piggies Chard (boy) & Sophie (girl). They are opposites Chard being the calm and cuddly one (although quite loud!!), Sophie being the jumpy hiper one (although has a very quiet voice). :) They are both so much fun!!

Welcome! You can post a picture in this thread by clicking the little button with the tree on it in the reply box. For your profile, at the very top of this page you'll see your log in name, notifications, my profile, and settings ---> click settings and on the left of the next page you'll see "edit profile pic" There you go! :)

We would love to see pics of your piggies here in this thread too.

Hello Caitlinn, welcome to the forum. Please check out all of the great info that is here.
Caitlinn, when you got your piggies, were you aware that one was a boy and one was a girl? Are they being kept together?
This is a great guinea pig site for all information of piggies, but this site is also pro adoption and pro rescue.
If your piggies are together, you know you will have babies. There is alot of info on pregnancy here. How old is your girl? Pregnancy can be dangerous for her. You will need a good exotic vet standing by. Read the threads and make sure she is eating right, ect.
Please if they are together and she is not pregnant, seperate them and get each a friend of the same sex thru adoption.

Please keep us posted on your piggies and your situation.

Hello Caitlinn, welcome to the forum. Please check out all of the great info that is here.
Caitlinn, when you got your piggies, were you aware that one was a boy and one was a girl? Are they being kept together?
This is a great guinea pig site for all information of piggies, but this site is also pro adoption and pro rescue.
If your piggies are together, you know you will have babies. There is alot of info on pregnancy here. How old is your girl? Pregnancy can be dangerous for her. You will need a good exotic vet standing by. Read the threads and make sure she is eating right, ect.
Please if they are together and she is not pregnant, seperate them and get each a friend of the same sex thru adoption.

Please keep us posted on your piggies and your situation.

Yes I got the boy first in October. I rescued him from the local humane society.. ill be honest.. i went in admiring a cute little hamster I saw on the website. He already had quite a few applications on him. Meanwhile, looking around i saw my boy in a cage in the corner just keeping to himself (mind you I'd never had experience with piggies although I do have a rabbit) but i fell in love with him at first sight. When I went to "visit" with him I discovered he had recently gotten off from animal control protection. Poor thing.. :( he was so cute i don't know how anyone couldnt just love him. :) :) :). 2 days later after an application, some more paperwork, and a phone interview he was mine. His name was chard and i kept the name because i felt like it just fit him. About a month ago I was on craigslist looking for a New larger cage for the little guy and I had always considered possibly getting him a friend. Well amongst the cage search, i came across my girl..sophie. :). As soon as i saw her picture I fell in love again she was so adorable and her colors were beautiful. A family was giving her up to a better home for the 4 young childten they had just weren't interested in her any longer.

So ive kept them separated for the past few weeks in thier own cages... I hadn't planned on having any babies for i know its a process to go through. Instead i had origionally decided on getting the girl spayed, however after seeing how my boy reacts around her (very affectionately) I decided to have him neutered in hopes of it calming his attitude a bit (around the females atleast). Speaking of which i just had this done yesterday. He probably hates me at this point for taking away his manhood (hehe) but hes resting beside me on his soft bed and slowly coming around. My poor baby :(... Although i still have to keep them seperate for quite some time because he can still be fertile for up to two months after the procedure, i can't wait to let them play together with no worries. :)

I'll be posting pictures real soon!!!

Thank you for posting how you got your two loves. I am so happy you adopted and have kept them apart. Sounds like you are an awesome piggie Mama!
Your Chard will be so happy when he gets to rejoin his love Sophie and this time forever.
I can not wait to see picutures. Sophie sounds so beautiful.
Again Welcome to the forum and the world of piggies. So happy you are here. Like I said check out all the great info. And keep us posted on Chard and Sophie!

[GuineaPigCages.com] Hello! New member... how do i post profile picture?? sorry late with the pictures, but here is my chard & sophie : )

omg they are so sweet.. and look like best of friends..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.